General Atomics Aeronautical Systems, Inc. (GA-ASI), an affiliate of General Atomics, is a world leader in proven, reliable Unmanned Aircraft Systems and tactical reconnaissance radars, as well as advanced high-resolution surveillance systems.
We have an exciting opportunity for an Entry Level System & Qualification Test Engineer in our Project Engineering group
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Performing System Test & Qualification Engineering activities on Unmanned Aerial Vehicle (UAV) programs.
Under minimal supervision, will guide the completion of test and evaluation of small test programs and determine and develop approach to T&E solutions.
- Duties to include system level Qualification, Verification and Validation Testing of hardware and software with emphasis placed on deriving & tracking test requirements, generation of system level Test Plans and Procedures, conducting SIL/Ground/Flight testing, and participating at customer & internal technical test reviews.
- Will be required to act as test conductor for ground and flight tests,
to include providing ground and flight crew direction/leadership during tests.
- Will be required to understand all aspects of SIL/Ground/Flight testing, coordinate and conduct SIL testing as well as travel to flight test facilities for ground and flight testing and provide field support as needed.
- Emphasis will be placed on system integration with coordinating/conducting ground and flight testing at GA-ASI flight test facilities.
- Responsible for observing all laws, regulations and other applicable obligations wherever and whenever business is conducted on behalf of the Company.
Expected to work in a safe manner in accordance with established operating procedures and practices.
- 2 years ago - save job