- Job Summary
- This position performs a wide range of housekeeping tasks and projects including, but not limited to, the cleaning and disinfecting of; patient rooms, restrooms, waiting areas, offices, and clinical areas; responsible for the removal of regular trash and bio-hazardous waste; operation of equipment such as brooms, mops, vacuum cleaners, floor scrubbers and upholstery shampooers; stocks assigned areas with paper towels, hand soap, hand sanitizer, toilet paper and other supplies; provides assistance to ensure a safe, clean environment for our customers. Exhibits the F.I.R.S.T. values (Friendliness, Innovation, Respect, Service, and Trust).
- Working Conditions, Hazards and Physical Effort
- Works in a typical patient care setting surrounded by healthcare professionals, hospital equipment, patients and their families. A flexible working schedule is required including overtime and weekend assignments. Must be able to lift 50 lbs. independently. Extensive and constant amounts of physical effort required including walking, lifting, pulling, pushing, stooping, and operation of heavy machinery associated with waste removal and compacting. Vision must be good or prescribed glasses worn. High tolerance for pressure and stress due to task interruption as well as task overload. High tolerance for change. Duties require outside transferring trash to dumpster in inclement weather conditions.
- Minimum Qualifications or Equivalents
- Education: High school graduate or GED. Must be able to read and write as well as follow verbal and written directions.
- Experience: None.
- Licenses, Certifications, and/or Registrations
Ephraim McDowell Regional Medical Center - 22 months ago