EPIC AMBULATORY APPLICATION COORDINATOR
Location: GOOD SAMARITAN HOSPITAL, SUFFERN, NY
Department: CIS IMPLEMENTATION
Requisition Number: 36733
Experience is required
The Application Coordinator (AC) / Trainer - Ambulatory participates in the day-to-day activities of the implementation and support teams’ development and design the application(s) for which the incumbent is responsible and is required to gain an in-depth knowledge of the application(s). The AC/Trainer will be knowledgeable about organizational policies, procedures and business operations, and the area of business they are representing and the functionality available in the application(s). Under the supervision of the Local Project Manager and/or the Senior Application Coordinator, the AC / Trainer will supervise other ACs communication with vendor(s) installation team, reviews of the software, analysis of medical group and/or practice operations. The incumbent will participate in current state mapping and future state workflows development, application design and development, testing support, issues resolution application integration, implementation and ongoing support activities. The AC/Trainer will perform in-depth reviews of workflows, data collection, report details, and other technical issues associated with the use of vendor software. The AC / Trainer is responsible for training the end users on the application(s). The training will be based in the local market and will be conducted in the classroom as well as in the practice. The end users will be both clinical and non-clinical. The AC / Trainer participates in discussions regarding building, testing, and maintaining the training environment, as well as the development and maintenance of training materials for the training program. The AC / Trainer will support the Enterprise team in technological competency assessments across BSHSI. In addition to training end-users within the facility, the AC / Trainer will also train additional trainers within the organization, maintain policy/procedure documentation, provide training for new hires, and coordinate training for new software releases and updates.
1. Bachelor's degree
2. Experience working in and managing projects in a healthcare environment
3. Knowledge of hospital operations and evolving trends in the healthcare industry
4. Exceptional written and oral communication skills, and good public speaking skills
5. Prior experience managing and prioritizing multiple projects while producing timely, high quality deliverables
6. Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite, email, intranet, internet, and other systems
7. Clinical or operational experience in the area related to the application
8. Demonstrated proficiency with information systems technology
9. Experience developing and conducting training in adult education environment.
10. Superior goal accomplishment skills
11. Demonstrated workflow process analysis and design
12. Strong assertiveness skills, ability to manage conflict in a variety of situations
13. Effective leadership skills and strong customer service orientation
14. Demonstrated ability to interact with multidisciplinary teams
15. Achievement of Application Certification within 120 days of employment
1. Experience with Epic installations
2. Experience in training in an Epic Enterprise implementation environment.
3. Demonstrated ability to work with and on multi-disciplinary teams
4. Demonstrates strong time management skills
5. Experience with implementing clinical information systems and/or large-scale and complex standardization and
implementation of an ERP is highly desirable
6. Epic certification in the application being represented
7. Demonstrated application design and implementation skills
Bon Secours Health System provides succor to the sick and injured. The Roman Catholic health care organization, sponsored by the Bon...