Perform maintenance, repair and servicing of power driven equipment, trucks and automobiles; operate light and heavy equipment for campus construction and grounds maintenance projects. This position is also considered to be essential during emergency situations and the incumbent is subject to being requested to report to work.
1. Repair a variety of vehicles and equipment including automobiles, trucks, tractors, lawn mowers, aerators, and rototillers; assist in maintenance and repair of non-mechanized equipment such as: trailers, rollers, and other equipment.
2. Fabricate and repair a variety of equipment for Facilities and the College including all outdoor facilities such as hand rails, ramps, and athletic equipment to include welding and creating new parts if needed.
3. Overhaul and repair hydraulic lines, valves, motors, pumps and cylinders; work with flow charts.
4. Repair diesel engines including servicing fuel line injectors.
5. Maintain Facilities rental car fleet; process rental agreements and reserve rental cars for the campus community; resolve rental problems to include preparation of last-minute rental agreements/cars. Test-drive vechicles, trucks and other maintenance equipment.
6. Maintain up-to-date knowledge of information on the repair of hydraulics, hydrostatic drives and diesel engines.
7. Order parts and maintain inventory of grounds equipment and parts.
8. Perform routine preventive maintenance on vehicles and equipment; lubricate, wash, fill with fuel, change oil and tires, replace lights, belts, hoses, sharpen attachments, and perform other maintenance as necessary. Inspect College vehicles.
9. Operate trucks, graders, light and heavy tractor, back-hoes, front-end loaders and other equipment used in maintaining streets and parking lots, clearing snow and building sites and landscaping grounds areas.
10. Service equipment and make repairs or adjustments as required; perform routine maintenance and repairs to small-motorized vehicles and equipment.
11. Participate in the removal of snow, spreading of chemicals and sand and repair of campus streets and parking lots; load and haul fill dirt, chemicals and fertilizers.
12. Maintain record of vehicle and equipment repairs.
13. Assume duties of the Supervisor of Transportation & Grounds Equipment within the garage in his/her absence and as directed.
Position/Job Responsibilities continued
High school diploma and a minimum of 4 years experience in the repair and maintenance of light and heavy equipment, vehicles and trucks; knowledge of and experience overhauling and repairing hydraulic lines, valves, motors, pumps and cylinders, experience repairing diesel engines and servicing fuel line injectors; possession of or ability to obtain a valid NYS Inspection License and NYS Driver’s License; ability to lift equipment weighing up to 60 pounds, experience operating power lifts, ability to climb a six foot ladder and the ability to work independently with minimal supervision are required. Experience and ability to fabricate parts and equipment is preferred.
Instructions for submitting your application:
Interested individuals should apply online at apply.icjobs.org and attach a cover letter, resume, and the contact information for three (3) professional references. Questions about online application may be directed to the Office of Human Resources at (607) 274-8000. Review of applications will begin immediately.
Ithaca College is committed to building a diverse academic community and encourages members of underrepresented groups to apply. Experience that contributes to the diversity of the college is appreciated.
Ithaca College - 20 months ago