This position the employee receives and prepares heavy equipment and cargo for loading and shipping. The cargo is generally oversized which cannot be shipped within the boundaries of a standard container and require special securement strategies. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• CDL-A license with two (2) years experience operating heavy equipment.
• Must be able to read, write, and speak English.
• Must be able to accurately process alpha/numeric information.
• Ability to work a flexible schedule, extended hours, holidays, and/or weekends as needed.
• Ability to work independently with limited supervision and strong initiative.
• Posses organizational and time management skills.
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with customers, vendors and fellow employees.
• Ability to think logically, follow procedures, instructions and make sound decisions.
• Subjection to physical and/or DOT Screening may be required along with other tests as applicable.
• The employee is continuously required to stand, walk, reach forward, and grasp.
• The employee is frequently required to climb, bend forward, reach overhead, exercise repetitive foot motion and eye-hand-foot coordination.
• The employee is frequently required to talk and hear.
• The employee is occasionally required to sit, squat, kneel, crawl, twist, pinch, exercise repetitive wrist motion, finger dexterity and eye-hand coordination.
• The employee must frequently lift, carry, push and pull up to 30 pounds and occasionally lift, carry, push and pull up to 75 pounds.
• Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Determine the method to properly secure oversized cargo and heavy equipment, when necessary, for shipping.
• Use straps and chains to prepare oversized cargo and heavy equipment for shipping.
• Operate forklifts and top loaders to prepare, place, and secure oversized cargo and heavy equipment for shipping.
• Work within a crew, assisting and working in teams at all times.
• Operate all power industrial trucks when assigned.
• Maintain a clean work area, free of debris or safety hazards.
• Performs other related duties as assigned.
SUPERVISION RECEIVED AND EXERCISED:
Receives direct supervision from the Foreman. Does not exercise supervision over any position.
• Exposure to all possible environmental factors such as extreme heat, rain, wind and high humidity during day and night shifts.
• The employee occasionally works near moving mechanical parts.
• The employee is continuously exposed to dust, fumes, and airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals.
• The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to high.
• Moderate vibration when operating fleet equipment.
• Report safety hazards.
• Immediately report incidents involving injury, illness, or property damage.
• Wear appropriate PPE as instructed by immediate supervisor.
• Comply with all company safety policies, procedures, and rules.
• Refuse any unsafe task or operation.
• Participate in safety meetings and training.
• Be constantly aware of their personal safety and that of their coworkers.
• The duties listed above are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to the position
• The job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and employee and is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the employer and requirements of the job change
Seaboard Marine - 19 months ago
copy to clipboard -