ER Crisis Social Worker Per Diem
Job ID: 28194
Department: ER Crisis Social Work
City: St. Paul, MN
Location: RH - Regions Hospital & Clinics
Position Type: On Call
Anticipated Work Schedule: all shifts
Hrs/Pay Period: 0
POSITION SUMMARY STATEMENT:
To work independently, providing social work services, psychosocial and psychiatric assessment, treatment planning and referral, to patients and families in the Emergency Center at Regions Hospital. To provide crisis intervention, counseling and psychotherapy as appropriate within the Emergency Department setting. To provide education and leadership to other health care professionals in the psychosocial aspects of patient care. To perform other duties as assigned.
5 or more years of social work experience in health or mental health setting
* Knowledge of the values, principles and methodologies of social work
* Ability to evaluate quickly with a high degree of accuracy the level of lethality and risk in suicidal/homicidal patients
* Ability to integrate social, medical and psychotherapeutic data in order to diagnose, form a treatment plan, and to provide appropriate crisis intervention and psychotherapy.
* Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationship with
patients, families, co-workers and community organizations.
* Sensitivity to cross-cultural issues.
* Knowledge of county, state and federal regulations regarding healthcare funding, civil commitments, child abuse, vulnerable adults, etc.
* Knowledge of community resources.
* Familiarity and comfort with chemical abuse issues
LICSW Licensure, MN Board of Social Work
Regions Hospital - 30+ days ago