High School graduate or GED
Works under direct supervision of RN, the Clinical Nurse Manager of Emergency Services and Emergency Services providers. An Emergency Service Technician is assigned basic technical duties and assists professional personnel as appropriate. May be required to work on other nursing units according to distribution of staff and patient needs.
1. Provides patient care as allowed by Hospital Policy.
2. Collaborates with and assists the professional staff as necessary.
3. Demonstrates positive interpersonal relations when working with patients, families, guests, physician, co-workers, other departments and management.
4. Maintains a safe environment for patients, staff, physicians and guests.
5. Advocates for the hospital and its customers.
6. Assists patients into room and places monitoring devices as appropriate and notifies assigned nurse of patient’s condition.
7. Reports to the assigned nurse any concerns or abnormal findings and assists with immediate interventions.
8. Re-evaluates patients as condition warrants and record findings on patient care record as well as notifying nurse of any changes in patient’s condition.
9. Completes mandatory education and contact education requirements including 12 CEUs per year .
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, AND ABILITIES
· Demonstrates knowledge of medical terminology
· Demonstrates an independent work initiative, sound judgment and attention to detail
· Ability to assess, evaluate, explain, teach, problem solve using critical thinking; and perform calculations
· High school graduate or GED
· Wyoming EMT -B certification
· IV certification within six months of hire
· National registry certification
· Prior experience in patient care
Cheyenne Regional Medical Center
- 20 months ago - save job
The Veterans Benefits Administration (VBA) is the benefits division of the Department of Veterans Affairs. The VBA provides benefits divided...