Responsible for administering all ERCOT electric power market Settlement issues including data collection/validation, billing, disputes and power mismatches.
Essential Job Functions
1) Determine if power market settlement issues need to be disputed with ERCOT.
2) Gather, analyze and validate all in-house QSE load, generation, purchased power, ancillary service and financial data by 15-minute intervals on a daily basis for accuracy.
3) Prepare and submit appropriate dispute documents to ERCOT, with supporting backup information, within the mandated 10-day deadline on behalf of Garland/Greenville pool (including Gibbons Creek).
4) Ensure that ERCOT power market settlement data and documents are correct, accurate, timely and are applied as per market protocols.
5) Prepare the GP&L/Greenville monthly power pool Energy Summary Report for both initial and true-up settlement periods.
6) Prepare the Praxair monthly documents for ERCOT reporting and for billing.
7) Analyze, monitor and compile all EPS Meter data for the Garland QSE.
8) Perform various generation, transmission, market studies, and/or administrative duties as delegated/required.
Preferred Knowledge - Abilities & Skills
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Bachelor’s degree in business, engineering or related area of study
- 2-4 years industry experience
Licenses & Certifications
- General knowledge of electric market and accounting/finance principles terminology
- Considerable knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Considerable knowledge of the Microsoft Office Software
- Proficient knowledge and understanding of ERCOT data collection requirements
- Skill to work in a team environment as a positive influence
- Ability to analyze complex mathematical equations and understand associated terminology
- Ability to implement contractual terminology into mathematical expressions
- Ability to grasp and apply new concepts
Valid Class C Texas driver's license
Physical Tasks & Working Conditions
The incumbent works in a typical office environment relatively free from unpleasant environmental conditions or hazards
Minimum Education & Work Experience
2 years related experience
Or an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential functions of the job.