Performs batch and online programming assignments, analyzes programming requests, and modifies or designs programs to fulfill request requirements. Maintains and supports assigned AIS modules and College Web Portal system.
1. Analyzes programming requests.
2. Writes, debugs, tests, and documents programs.
3. Assists in the preparation of state reports.
4. Assists in the preparation of core system processes, check runs, and other files/lists/reports requested as part of routine operations.
5. Writes programs to analyze and correct computer data.
6. Maintains and supports College Web Portal system (WebAdvisor), including resolution of issues and testing of upgrades and changes.
7. Serves as resource person for assigned administrative systems and College modules.
8. Applies logic and critical thinking to the process of initiating, monitoring, and interpreting computer applications.
9. Communicates ideas on technical subjects in a clear and concise manner both verbally and in written form.
10. Performs other duties as assigned consistent with the role of this position.
Working Conditions/Physical Requirements:
Employee is subject to indoor work, protected from weather conditions. Work is sedentary in nature and involves exerting up to 10 lbs. of force occasionally and/or a negligible amount of force frequently/constantly in order to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects.
Information Technology Resources
Status of Position:
1. Bachelor's degree in Information Systems or Computer Science and three years of job-related experience, or equivalent college coursework, and six years of job-related experience.
2 Three years of work experience programming and supporting a student information or ERP application such as Colleague.
3. Demonstrated working knowledge of relational databases and query languages in a Unidata or MS SQL DBMS environment.
4. Demonstrated technical successes with programming across multiple environments.
5. Experience with SQL query writing to generate reports and assist with data interfaces between the ERP and other internal and external databases.
6 Knowledge of and familiarity with Microsoft Office products, especially Access and Excel.
7. Demonstrated ability to work independently after initial instructions with a high degree of accuracy.
8. Ability to identify and resolve technical problems.
9. Experience writing and maintaining documentation and providing training to end users.
10. Knowledge of web applications that reside on IIS, Apache, or other similar web servicers.
11. Excellent interpersonal, communication, documentation and organizational skills; ability to follow through with users and colleagues in a diverse work environment.
1. Experience with Ellucian's Colleague administrative system.
2.Familiarity with higher education student records, payroll, financial aid, financial and state reporting applications.
3. Higher education experience.
4. Experience developing computed columns and subroutines using Ellucian's Colleague Studio.
5. Experience developing, maintain and troubleshooting web applications such as WebAdvisor.
6. Knowledge of Visual Basic programming language
7. Experience with reporting tools such as SAP's Business Objects.
Other Duties and Responsibilities:
Prairie State College - 12 months ago
copy to clipboard -