Sarnova, Inc. is a leading specialty provider of healthcare products across the emergency medical services and acute care continuum. It is comprised of three major business units: Bound Tree Medical, Tri-anim Health Services, Inc. and Emergency Medical Products, Inc. (EMP).Together, Sarnova offers more than 100,000 healthcare products to thousands of emergency care providers, hospitals and advanced patient-care facilities nationwide|
Essential Function: Manages MIS projects as they relate to the companys ERP system, Microsoft Dynamics GP (Great Plains), and its associated applications. Coordinates software implementation and custom code deployment plans to ensure that implementations are properly tested, approved, and documented. This position is responsible for overall project coordination and success, along with performing hands-on technical responsibilities and tasks.
· Manages several concurrent MIS applications projects, from planning through implementation.
· Analyzes and documents business application requirements for functional areas such as Customer Service, Procurement, Finance/Accounting, and Marketing including gathering requirements and working to scope out their MIS related projects (including translating non-technical requirements into technical specifications) and assessing how automated systems and/or developed applications can improve or fix process related issues.
· Works with internal teams and external consultants to determine project scope and priorities, develop project plans and deliverable schedules, align resources, prepare status updates and variance reports, and negotiate changes to plans.
· Coordinates software implementation plans with staff, users, vendors, management, and other key personnel to ensure that implementations are properly tested, approved, and documented.
· Facilitates discussions and consensus among various project stakeholders such as functional managers, programmers, and executives.
· Serves as a liaison to IT management, reporting on the status of current projects, identifying issues and assessing their impact, and proactively recommending solutions.
· Responsible for hands-on technical responsibilities such as migrating code from development to production systems, testing, and troubleshooting issues related to implemented code and/or applications.
· Writes detailed documentation to be used by developers and translated into program code.
· Documents and maintains project plans using Microsoft Project; manages and monitors project budgets and expenditures.
· On a continual basis, analyzes business processes, systems and applications and recommends changes to improve operational efficiencies.
· Involved with other systems and programs as related to/integrated with Microsoft Dynamics GP (Great Plains).
Reports To: Director of MIS
Education: Bachelors Degree in Information Technology or related field
· 5-7 years of professional IT/IS experience, including 3+ years hands-on experience working with a major ERP system; Microsoft Dynamics GP (Great Plains) preferred.
· 3+ years project management experience.
· Experience working in a distribution environment with a strong understanding of how transactions flow through the ERP system and strong knowledge of business processes.
· Strong ERP systems skills, Microsoft Dynamics GP (Great Plains) preferred.
· Demonstrated knowledge and experience with Project Management methodologies.
· Proficient with Microsoft SQL Server, Microsoft Office products (including Microsoft Project), and SQL/VB Script experience.
· Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
· Ability to work effectively with project teams and prepare project presentations.
· Ability to develop strong relationships and work effectively with employees at all levels.
· High level of analytical, problem solving and decision-making ability.
· Strong attention to detail, well organized, and able to handle multiple priorities and meet deadlines.
· Knowledge of corporate accounting practices and how those practices are implemented within the ERP platform.
· Ability to work efficiently and collaboratively and juggle multiple projects.
· Able to meet tight deadlines and work in a fast-paced and changing environment.
CareerBuilder - 2 years ago