ES Clerk III Provides a variety of clerical support services in a service delivery office. Provides clerical support to Texas Works Advisors staff. Processes mail, opens and date stamps incoming applications and supporting documents. Reviews applications for required signature, date, and supporting documents. Logs applications and assigns complete applications for processing. Returns incomplete applications to clients and assists with completion when necessary/requested. Copies and returns original documents upon request to clients/customers. Responds to client inquiries and requests for assistance.
Essential Job Functions:
Attends work on a regular and predictable schedule in accordance with agency leave policy and performs other duties as assigned. Prepares and proofreads correspondence, forms, or other documents (for example, letters, memos, travel or purchase vouchers, job announcements) using a personal computer or typewriter. Communicates on a basic level with others (internally or externally) to provide, exchange, or verify information, answer inquiries, address issues, or resolve/report problems or complaints. Opens, dates, sorts, or distributes mail (for example, incoming/outgoing mail, reports, documents, printouts). Maintains records, files, or logs (for example, administrative, personnel, contract, correspondence, forms, documents, purchasing, case files, tracking logs, files/documents on diskette) including filing, retrieving, or purging. Batches forms prior to data entry. Assembles materials into packets. Screens, codes or corrects, and data enters documents
Knowledge Skills Abilities:
Knowledge of internet usage. Knowledge of computers. Ability to listen to clients, elicit, relate and evaluate information; and interpret terms as needed. Ability to complete required work within specified deadlines. Ability to read, understands, and applies a variety of interrelated instructions, such as those found in guidelines, regulations, and policies. Ability to communicate verbally and in writing. Ability to establish rapport with and relate to clients. Ability to maintain effective working relationships with others.
Registration or Licensure Requirements:
Initial Selection Criteria:
High School diploma or GED equivalent is required.
• Thirty (30) hours credit from an accredited college or university OR one (1) year relevant work experience is preferred.
• Bilingual (English / Spanish) skills preferred, not required.
• Ability to work in a professional customer service environment is required.
• Preferred work experience to indicate a general understanding of the knowledge, skills, and abilities needed to perform duties.
• Preferred work experience using a personal computer for inquiry and date entry.
• Preferred work experience searching records to identify and retrieve information.
• Preferred work experience establishing, maintaining, and/or verifying indexes, files, logs, and/or cross reference systems.
• Preferred work experience handling and transporting mail and other documents.
• Preferred work experience using fax machines, printers, multi-line telephone systems, and other office equipment.
Please note that while the posted salary range for this position is $1,881.75 to $2,728.50, only former and current Health and Human Services Commission employees will be offered a salary above $1,881.75. Current employees promoting into this position will be offered a salary that meets Human Resources salary guidelines for promoting employees. Former employees may be offered a salary above $1,881.75 if they have recent Texas Works or MEPD eligibility experience. Recent experience includes any experience within one year prior to the application closing date. Applicants who are not current or former Health and Human Services Commission employees will be offered a salary of $1,881.75.
In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), HHS agencies will provide reasonable accommodation during the hiring and selection process for qualified individuals with a disability. If you need assistance completing the on-line application, contact the AccessHR service center at 1-888-894-4747. If you are contacted for an interview and need accommodation to participate in the interview process, please notify the person scheduling the interview.