Carlson Wagonlit Travel is seeking ESC Travel Counselors. This is a 24/7 environment and home worker positions are available. Incumbents will be expected to be available to work nights, weekends and holidays to meet business demands. We handle SABRE and Apollo reservations, so experience with multiple GDS is preferred.
- Create domestic and international travel arrangements for clients to include air, hotel, and ground transportation.
- Use available sources such as TSS, State Department web sites, news agencies, etc. to stay informed of current international affairs.
- Advise clients of international travel requirements such as visas, passports, immunizations, etc.
- Strong working knowledge and understanding of international pricing rules and procedures.
- Support approximately 5,000 US and Canadian Commercial Accounts.
- Operate within general procedures with supervised results.
- Interact with traveler, travel arranger, and travel manager. Provide 1st level of support for customer service issues.
- Utilize CWT preferred vendors to maximize profit, and ensure compliance with the clients’ travel policy.
- Adhere to CWT standards in delivering customer service including telephone etiquette, and follows prescribed customer service escalation procedures.
- Follow company procedures, guidelines and standards in building Passenger Name Records, utilization of tools, productivity, accuracy of work, and attendance.
- Attend staff and training meetings for ongoing updates in the travel industry and office procedures.
- Maintain a favorable working relationship with all other company employees to foster and promote a cooperative and harmonious working climate.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- 2 to 5 years travel center experience required.
- 2+ years International reservation experience required.
- Multiple GDS is preferred.
- Ability to meet and maintain required performance standards.
- Excellent customer service skills required.
- Professional phone skills required.
- Will be expected to be available to work nights, weekends and holidays.
- Differentials paid for weekend/after hours shifts.
- Due to business needs, this shift will be required to work Friday, Saturday and Sunday – while we understand this is not desirable to some, we need candidates who can commit to working these days.
- Selected candidates must be able to attend training either on-site in St. Louis or virtually (to be determined by management).
- This position qualifies for Pay for Performance Incentive – ESC Travel Counselors can earn up to an additional 13% of base pay plus overtime per quarter.
Carlson Wagonlit Travel - 2 years ago
Carlson Restaurants Worldwide (CRW) has a lot of Friday's for which to be thankful. A leader in full-service restaurants, the company...