This co-op position is responsible for researching aspects of ESD device reliability as part of the research and development efforts in GLOBALFOUNDRIES. This position is based in Malta, NY.
The general scope includes studying ESD device response under various ESD events using compact models, TCAD simulations and experimental measurements and conceptualizing, developing, initial implementation of ESD models for finFETs and planar devices of sub-28nm generation. The work involves analysis of measurement and characterization data from dedicated ESD device test structures. There will be requirement for the intern to establish or request specific device measurement data at different sites in GLOBALFOUNDRIES to complete the model validation. The project scope and work details will be reviewed and adjusted to suit the incoming candidate experience and competence.He or she will also have opportunity to design, layout and fabricate device in GLOBALFOUNDRIES silicon process technology.
- Strong interpersonal skills, and written communication skills
- Ability to work effectively in cross functional teams, and with people from diverse backgrounds
- Graduate student in Electrical/Material/Physics/Chemistry/Chemical Engineering
- Well versed in semiconductor device physics, preferably with good bipolar device understanding in addition to MOSFET device physics.
- Prior experience and knowledge of compact modeling is highly relevant. Experience in TCAD tool is desirable.
- Availability to work 40 hrs per week, mostly at GLOBALFOUNDRIES locations in Malta, NY.
- Available for March 2013 with a possible extension until end of summer
- Experience in semiconductor device compact modeling, ESD simulations, ESD testing, ESD device
GLOBAL FOUNDRIES is the world’s first full-service semiconductor foundry with a truly global footprint. Launched in March 2009, the company has quickly achieved scale as the second largest foundry in the world, providing a unique combination of advanced technology and manufacturing to more than 160 customers. With operations in Singapore, Germany and the United States, GLOBALFOUNDRIES is the only foundry that offers the flexibility and security of manufacturing centers spanning three continents. The company’s three 300mm fabs and five 200mm fabs provide the full range of process technologies from mainstream to the leading edge. This global manufacturing footprint is supported by major facilities for research, development and design enablement located near hubs of semiconductor activity in the United States, Europe and Asia. GLOBALFOUNDRIES is owned by the Advanced Technology Investment Company (ATIC).
For more information on GLOBALFOUNDRIES, visit www.globalfoundries.com
GLOBAL FOUNDRIES is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action (EEO/AA) employer Minorities/Female/Disabled/Veteran (M/F/D/V).
GLOBALFOUNDRIES - 17 months ago