ESG Account Manager (San Francisco or New York)
ABOUT MSCI Inc.
MSCI is a leading provider of investment decision support tools, we offer a range of products and services - including indices, portfolio risk and performance analytics, and governance tools - from a number of internationally recognized brands such as Barra, RiskMetrics, CFRA, FEA and ISS.
For further information on MSCI, please visit our web site at www.msci.com
MSCI ESG Research is seeking to expand its ESG Consultant & Client Service team and is looking for a suitable candidate to join the San Francisco or New York office. MSCI ESG Research is a leading provider of Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) research to institutional investors globally. Successful candidates will have a Responsible Investing (RI) or financial background and exhibit a passion for ESG issues. They should have proven abilities to develop strong working relationships with external clients, learn MSCI ESG Research products and guide clients to better use those products.
Account Managers must be adaptable, eager problem solvers, and able to lead cross-organization teams. Great communications skills are a must as they represent MSCI ESG Research to all levels of client management. As MSCI ESG Research continues to grow, our clients span some of the world's largest asset manager, pension funds, and foundations. Managing the relationships for a portfolio of clients exposes Account Managers to a wide range of institution types and ensures a challenging role with daily client interactions. To succeed in the role, an Account Manager must learn about ESG products and issues, about their client’s line of business and investment process, and then bring that knowledge together to provide insight and best practices to those client organizations.
Performance is based on a combination of factors including account renewal rates, proactive management and client communication, contract value growth and pre-sales activities. In the pre-sales role, the Account Manager partners with the sales team, bringing industry and product expertise to initial client meetings. After a client has begun using MSCI ESG Research products, the Account Manager owns and manages the client experience. This entails offering proactive support, expertise on ESG services and usage, and participating in the client renewal process.
- Achieve target renewal rate
- Drive revenue growth with outstanding client service
- Act as a trusted advisor for clients and their advocate within MSCI ESG Research
- Serve as domain expert on MSCI ESG Research’s suite of ESG products and services
- Proactively communicate and educate clients on key ESG matters
- Own and manage client inquiry and issue resolution process using SalesForce.com and other internal tools
- Monitor and ensure client satisfaction;
- Identify accounts at risk and create a plan to ensure revenue and client retention; working with cross-functional teams to address issues in a timely manner
- Develop/drive account management plans for all clients;
- Conduct regular calls/visits with clients (health checks, training, relationship planning and review)
- Identify and communicate up-sell opportunities to sales team
- Provide subject matter expertise in pre-sales/up-sell/on-boarding activities
- Conduct product training for clients
- Perform frequent testing of new product features
- Continually assess target market and work with management to ensure company is offering relevant services
- Encourage and facilitate meetings between clients and research analysts
- Act as liaison between client and internal MSCI ESG Research teams for key client initiatives
- Communicate market requirements to ESG Research business leaders
- Attend relevant industry events
- Take ownership for projects to help improve client service delivery and team efficiency
DESIRED EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Good understanding of ESG issues & market, financial services and how ESG factors impact the investment process
- 2-5 years experience, preferably in a client service or account management position in financial services or Responsible Investing
- Excellent organizational, presentation and communication skills
- Innovative, motivated, client-oriented and commercially-aware thinker
- Demonstrated project management skills – define scope, resources and time lines and manage to deliverables
- A team player able to effectively manage the expectations of a diverse and demanding client base
- Absolute personal and business integrity
MSCI Inc. is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is the policy of the Firm to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, age, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, disability, marital and civil partnership/union status, pregnancy (including unlawful discrimination on the basis of a legally protected pregnancy/maternity leave), veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
MSCI - 18 months ago