Under direct supervision initially, performs customer service and/or claims functions within a specific business line while training to become a claims representative. Gains exposure to all facets of a professional claims representative position through classroom and hands on learning. May handle a small caseload as training progresses.
MAJOR DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Assists with new losses, verifies accuracy of information via coverage.
- Registers new loss information on the system.
- Performs file updates on system as directed by claims reps.
- Registers loss payments on system.
- Deals with agents, insureds, clients, and other customers via verification.
- Completes loss registration forms.
- Handles jurisdictional notices, payment of benefits, scheduling medical appointments, completion and filing of necessary forms
- May handle entry level rep duties on minor claims
- Assistants with Claims Rep coverage in the team and may perform duties related to the initial investigation of a claim
- Handles other administrative duties for the team as assigned
- College graduate. No experience required.
- Strong customer orientation to respond to and support customer needs.
- Strong written and oral communication skills to effectively deal with outside investigative sources and with insureds by telephone.
- Strong analytical and organizational ability
- Strong PC experience to be comfortable in an automated environment.
- Typing skills of 35-45 wpm to perform effectively with computer screens.
- Works well within a team environment to give and solicit feedback, identify opportunities for growth of self and other team members.
- Believes in own judgment and acts to support or defend own choices.
- Committed to high standards of behavior and performance.
- Adapts own approach or behavior to particular situation.
- Builds and maintains positive image for ACE USA
Ace Group - 5 months ago
The ACE Group is one of the world’s largest multiline property and casualty insurers. With operations in 53 countries, ACE provides co...