Job Description: |
Information International Associates, Inc. is now interviewing candidates for multiple potential positions as ESL Instructors on a major government agency contract in Northern Virginia.
Job Description: Conduct general English classes/laboratory sessions (computer/multimedia) to facilitate foreign students' introduction to Defense Language Institute English Language Center (DLIELC) courseware, methodology and processes. Students will consist of foreign military members and instructors must adhere to all policy and procedures of DLIELC.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Maintain a student centered classroom.
- Maintain a neat and orderly classroom, office, and laboratory.
- Prepare/develop weekly lesson plans lesson plans based on DLIELC instructor guides which describe course and unit objectives.
- Participate in the creation/development, evaluation/assessment, recording of additional materials.
- Develop quizzes and ad hoc tests as needed.
- Serve as an EFL/ESL instructor and as the main learning source for the students.
- Evaluate, advise and assist students by assigning and correcting homework, diagnosing academic problems, planning remedial help, and counseling students on their academic progress.
- Utilize automated word/data processing equipment and the Internet to the maximum extent.
Required Skill: Native speakers of American English and free of any speech impediments.
- Master's degree (or doctorate) in Teaching English as a Second Language/English as a Second Language (ESL)/English as a Foreign Language (EFL)/English for Speakers of Other Languages (ESOL)/Teaching English as a Second Language (TESL)/Teaching English as a Foreign Language (TEFL)/Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages (TESOL) (Applied) Linguistics/English/Foreign Languages AND more than one year of professional experience teaching ESL/EFL to adults.
- OR Bachelor's degree in Teaching English As Second Language/ESL/ EFL/ESOL/TESL/TEFL/TESOL/(Applied) Linguistics/ English/Foreign Languages AND more than five years of professional experience teaching ESL/EFL to adults.
- OR any undergraduate degree AND 24 semester hours (or equivalent) of undergraduate courses equivalent to a major in ESL/EFL/ESOL/TESL/TEFL/TESOL/(Applied) Linguistics AND more than five years of professional experience teaching ESL/EFL to adults.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
Nationjob.com - 7 months ago