Mentora College is seeking qualified, experienced, and motivated ESL teachers for our intensive English language courses beginning November 18, 2013.
Mentora College, located in Washington, D.C., is committed to the highest standards of ESL academic excellence. We dedicate ourselves to sustaining an institute in which the faculty, staff, and students develop the knowledge and skills necessary for lifelong learning and leadership in our global society.
Hours of Instruction:
Morning: 9:00 a.m. – 12:50 p.m.
Afternoon: 1:00 p.m. – 4:50 p.m.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assess students’ interests, needs, and learning styles for improved classroom learning
- Follow course syllabi and provide support to curriculum with communicative language activities and authentic language use
- Demonstrate knowledge of English language teaching and methodology
- Provide clear ESL language instruction to students in a post-secondary language institution
- Have excellent organization and planning skills
- Display a high degree of cultural awareness and sensitivity
- Be energetic and passionate about teaching and working with other cultures
Only candidates who meet these requirements will be considered:
A Bachelor’s or Master’s degree ESL, TESOL, TESL, Applied Linguistics or related Education degree
A Bachelor’s degree, CELTA/TEFL certificate, and 1 year supervised teaching experience
Native English Proficiency
Please submit a cover letter and resume to Annemarie Fowler
In addition to seeking qualified teachers in Washington, D.C., our partner – Bahcesehir Pre-K - 12 schools - in Turkey are seeking qualified Early Childhood and Early Grade Teachers to teach English in their bilingual immersion program. This program aims to develop learners’ English language skills while at the same time helping them to become inquiring, independent and respectful learners with global values and perspectives.
The position will involve teaching students, age 4 to 8, with early childhood and early grades curriculum and a special focus on English language immersion. A suitable candidate should be in possession of and able to exemplify the following:
- Appropriate teaching and academic qualifications for early years of students
- Bilingual/multilingual skills or experience teaching EAL (English as an Additional Language) students
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Enthusiasm, passion for teaching, and flexibility
- A global citizen with interest and respect for Turkish culture and values
- A team-oriented work ethic and collaboration skills
- An understanding of technology and its use to enhance teaching and learning
Please submit your resume and cover letter by email to Dr. Sinem Vatanartiran.