The Technology Specialist’s (TS) role is responsible for the planning, installation, integration, decommissioning, monitoring, operation, maintenance and recovery of technology solutions (hardware & infrastructure/software/application) in support of existing solutions throughout the full business solution lifecycle.
Responsibilities include redesigning and reconfiguration of non-standard solutions/components to conform to standards and/or best practices, development of enhancements, coding/scripting and, testing, gathers and analyzes data, recommends/executes changes to systems and applications for existing business system/applications.
Performs recovery, administrative and operational activities, including development of process, workflow and playbooks for the daily operation and recovery of the business system. Performs project execution, and operational audits to ensure standards, procedures, and methodologies are being followed. Reviews and analyzes the effectiveness/efficiency of business systems and executes strategies that improve or further leverage these systems.
In addition, this position provides technical execution and operation across the organization, tactical decision making, project planning, vendor engagement and incident/request support (ITIL).
This position is responsible for the planning and execution of operational and project activities required to maintain and enhance functionality of the SunTrust computing environment. Responsible for implementing technical improvements/projects that increase the quality and availability of the business systems/services and to ensure proper operation. This position sometimes leads/mentors less experienced staff.
- Occasionally manages complex situations, project and client interactions.
- Conducts the analysis and communication of support and/or project requirements, updates, metrics, and general information.
- Analyze the effectiveness and efficiency of existing systems; develop and implement strategies for improving or further leveraging these systems.
- Audits computing environment configurations to support ongoing solution development and testing functions.
- Leads and executes project and operational activities, troubleshooting, enhancements, test readiness development, and maintenance plans to ensure proper operation of the business system/services are optimized.
- Develops and implements standard process and technical improvements that increase the quality of the products that are delivered into production.
College degree or equivalent combination of education and technology design or support related experience. 5 years of progressive experience working in a technology engineering, deployment or support environment.
5 years experience in technology lifecycle management including planning, design, build, testing and operate methodology.
Working technical knowledge of current software protocols, and Internet standards, including advanced network troubleshooting protocols.
- Advanced understanding of SDLC methodology, strategy and tools.
- Advanced understanding of computing platforms such as server, network and storage subsystems.
- Solid working knowledge of current Internet technologies.
- Advanced experience with systems planning, security principles, and general software management best practices.
FL-Orlando-SunTrust Center Tower