The Extract Transform Load (ETL) Architect:
· In the Applications Architect band of the IT Career Ladder accountable for design, planning, implementation, upgrades, performance tuning, communication, and architectural documentation.
· Primarily accountable with working with the IT Analytics Center of Excellence and other division members to design solutions that are cost-effective, secure (confidential, integrity, and availability), and produce high levels of customer satisfaction
· Performs a combination of systems analysis, project management, and workflow management
· Interacts within general guidelines in a broad scope of responsibility to recommend, design, develop, and implement information systems that meet departmental objectives within functional areas of responsibility
· Interacts with a wide variety of hospital/corporate personnel. Internal interaction is frequently with both operational end users of information technology (IT), and with line administrators and department heads. Frequent interaction assures effective design and development of analytical solutions that meet departmental needs. Frequent external involvement with vendor personnel is required in the following areas, including but not limited to: hardware/software analysis, software problem resolution, technology assessment, and project planning.
The ETL Architect is responsible for:
· Providing advanced technical expertise in the development and maintenance of data and analytic systems. Developing ETL strategies, including but not limited to:
o Historical Data Loads
o Incremental Data Loads
o Process/Load Control
o Error Handling
o Updates (e.g., Slowly Changing Dimensions)
· Conceptualizing and creating development and operational models that encompass the PHP ETL philosophy and direction, including the ownership of a “blueprint” by which to guide future development and decision-making.
· Defining and delivering consistent ETL standards, methodologies, guidelines & techniques.
· Preparing template ETL design specifications.
· Developing complex and critical ETL routines.
· Diagnosing complex problems, including performance issues, and driving to resolution.
· Recommending and implementing process improvements of ‘best practice’ across design, build, and test.
· Developing time and resource estimates for ETL initiatives, from analysis through deploy. Following the progress of ETL development and how it meets estimate and actual timelines.
· Preparing integration and acceptance test plans.
· Collaborating with the Data Architect to develop coordinated plans to meet business requirements.
· Providing oversight of ETL developers, including mentoring, task assignment, specification review, unit test plan review, and problem resolution. Providing team leadership in the development of advanced or complex architecture, design, and development.
· Contributing as a team member in areas of applications responsibility, by advocating Project Management Methodology and adhering to all Change Control Board (CCB) policies
The role requires the ability to lead and influence within peer group, and upward in the organization.
Education: A Bachelor’s Degree in IT with 6 years of IT experience or a related Bachelor’s Degree with 8 years of IT experience is required. Related degrees include BSN, BS Medical Technology, BS Radiology, BS Mathematics, BS Engineering, BS Biomedical Engineering, BS Laboratory, Pharmacy, or BS Medicine.
Licensure: Not Applicable
Certification: Not Applicable
· Five years of data warehousing/business intelligence experience is required.
- 23 months ago - save job