Did you know?
Costco Wholesale is a multi-billion dollar global retailer with warehouse club operations in eight countries. We are the recognized leader in our field, dedicated to quality in every area of our business and respected for our outstanding business ethics. Despite our large size and explosive international expansion, we continue to provide a family atmosphere in which our employees thrive and succeed. We are proud to have been named by Washington CEO Magazine as one of the TOP THREE companies to work for in the entire state of Washington!
Description of position
The Sr. ETL Developer’s role is to gather requirements, perform analysis, configure the solutions, and create a common set of tools and processes for the use of ETL tools across all functional teams. This person must have a full development lifecycle of the solution, including detailed design, code development, code reviews, unit testing, build/test support, deployment activities, and post deployment support. They should have a proven track record of optimizing solutions to meet business requirements. Must have experience mentoring stakeholders in best practices for ETL solution creation and management. They will work very closely with the ETL Engineer, Data Warehouse Developers, Data Base Engineer, and Functional Development Teams. Familiarity with various SDLC and PMLC and ability to work with simultaneous projects and timelines. Must have experience designing solutions that scale from daily batch to integration with message queues or real-time change-data capture for continuous transformation and update. This person must possess a positive attitude and a strong dedication to providing quality. The ideal candidate must have experience using Informatica PowerCenter version 8.5 and above.
Qualifications (Costco-specific or industry-specific skills that candidates should possess)
Knowledge and talents recommended for job success
- 5 – 10 years experience designing, implementing, testing, migrating, deploying and managing Informatica ETL solutions: Core functional ETL processing (extract transform, and load).
- Ability to successfully design, deploy and evolve ETL solutions to meet business requirements.
- Experience as ETL Lead.
- Strong Unix scripting.
- Experience managing ETL operations: Job-stream definition and management, parameters, scheduling, monitoring, communication and alerting.
- Experience developing governance for ETL audit, balance and control: Job-execution statistics, balancing and controls, rejects and error-handling, codes management.
- Experience designing, implementing, managing ETL utility layer: common components supporting all other layers including forecasting capacity/performance requirements and building scalable foundational ETL infrastructure to allow for future growth.
- Ability to work with team to develop policies, standards, best practices, training, processes for Enterprise Application Integration team.
- Experience with administration of PowerCenter.
- Thorough understanding of a Star Schema Database – as defined by Ralph Kimbal.
- Solid grounding in relational database.
- SQL DDL and DML experience with DB2.
- Performance tuning and monitoring skills for Informatica solutions.
- Business analytical skills.
- Develop and monitor standards adherence.
- Ability to teach and mentor.
- Must be able to work on multiple simultaneous timelines.
- Must have proven ability to estimate development duration and effort.
- Must have excellent analytical, troubleshooting and problem solving skills.
- Must have excellent communication skills (verbal and written).
- Proven ability to work independently or in conjunction with a team.
To Apply: Email your current resume to IT_JOBS@costco.com
- DB2 UDB for System i (i5/OS, iSeries, AS400) experience with a strong emphasis upon SQL DDL and DML.
- Familiarity with other ETL tools.
- Familiarity with iSeries Navigator.
- Informatica Certification.
Costco Wholesale - 14 months ago
Costco Wholesale is a multi-billion dollar global retailer with warehouse club operations in eight countries. We are the recognized leader...