We are looking for an experienced ETL Developer for a long-term contract, contract to hire opportunity. The ETL Developer will work directly with the Information Delivery team, internal business customers, IT development and infrastructure groups. Designing, documenting, developing and testing of complex ETL and interfaces. Additional responsibilities include creating and maintaining team processes and standards related to supporting and maintaining a ETL environment.
Job Duties: List the significant/essential duties, tasks or responsibilities which employees in this position are actually required to perform.
• Creates software design specifications addressing the business requirements, utilizing the appropriate specifications and templates.
• Participate in the requirement specification process for new software functionality to ensure that definitions of new functionality are clearly defined and understood.
• Works with the business analysts and team members with respect to software capabilities, functionality and design options.
• Ensure designs are consistent with development standards and align with industry guidelines/best practices
• Participate in the testing and validation of new software to ensure software changes meet functional requirements.
• Oversees the design, development and testing of enhancements spanning multiple areas and of moderate complexity.
• Provide post-production application support as required. Responsibilities may include consultation, problem identification, data analysis, and / or emergency repairs; requirements for support could entail a rotating 24x7x365 shift coverage.
• Assists in providing technical expertise in evaluating and determining what new technologies will work within the technical environment for the Integration Services team.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Associate or technical degree in computers, business: Bachelor’s degree in related field preferred.
• 3+ years experience using a full life cycle methodology for ETL development utilizing IBM’s InfoSphere suite, DataStage, QualityStage, MetaData Workbench and Info analyzer.
• Ability to translate customer requirements into solutions that are practical to implementation, robust and scalable.
• Experience in complex, cross-departmental projects involving multiple platforms.
• Ability to design and implement moderately complex ETL solutions with minimal direction that solve business problems.
• Demonstrated experience with relational database modeling, especially Entity Relationship Diagramming and Normalization, and Data Flow Diagrams.
• Strong PL/SQL and SQL skills with ability to develop database views and tune query performance.
• Experience with ETL meta data, architecture and security design .
• Participated in at least one full software lifecycle of implementing and/or upgrading an ETL development environment
• Ability to produce clear technical documentation and oversee technical review processes
• Strong technical, analytical, problem-solving skills.
• Good verbal and written communications skills.
• Strong organizational, teamwork and interpersonal communication skills.
• Ability to provide support on a rotating 24 x 7 x 365 shift.
• Additional Work assignments may be assigned
• Will contribute to a positive work environment