Live, work, and play in Vermont. Dealer.com is seeking an Enterprise Data Warehouse ETL Developer to join our team supporting our enterprise data warehouse environment and the teams that utilize it. We are evolving our business intelligence capabilities and are looking for an experienced professional to help shape the creation of data marts and BI solutions through hands-on ETL development and data modeling. We've been recognized as one of the Inc 5000 fastest growing companies, one of the Deloitte Technology Fast 50 companies, and best of all, selected as "New England's Coolest Company to work for" by Interface Tech! At Dealer.com we work hard and play hard. For skiers and riders, we'll even subsidize your season pass! Come join us!
The Enterprise Data Warehouse ETL Developer will be hands-on in performing data modeling, extract, transform, and load development activities in the areas of business intelligence, enterprise data warehouse, and related applications. This position will apply their technology skillset, development rigor, communication, analytical, and problem-solving skills to implement and support Dealer.com’s business intelligence and data warehousing solutions. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
This role may have access to financial and other company confidential data, and as such those working in this role must understand and comply with the Data Use, Information Security, and any other applicable company policies.
- Serve as a core member of our Data Warehouse team
- Execute hands-on ETL and BI development delivery tasks, specifically; ETL job development, technical data model design, and universe development
- Ensure data accuracy by thoroughly testing business use case s for new or changed data marts and ETL processes
- Operationally support and administer ETL components of development and production data warehouse reporting environments
- Utilize dimensional database and data warehouse design skills to create effective models for efficient and robust historical and real-time reporting
- Assist in the evaluation and selection of data warehouse and business intelligence toolsets
- Assist with general EDW database maintenance activities as required
- Develop and maintain ETL, data model, and reporting standards
- Effectively communicate on development and operational support work status and priority setting
- Assist with setting the strategy for and implementation of data modeling work, such as enterprise logical models, conformed dimensions, and data security
Experience with the following technologies preferred:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, or related quantitative field preferred.
- 3+ years of hands on data warehousing ETL design and development experience
- 3+ years with Talend, MS SQL Server Integration Services, or other ETL solutions
- 3+ years of experience with Business Objects and/or MS SQL Server Reporting Services and Analysis Services
- Business Objects
- MySQL Server
- Microsoft SQL Server
- Microsoft SQL Reporting and OLAP Services
- Microsoft SQL Integration Services
- Data modeling software such as ERwin
- Have a strong understanding of business intelligence, ETL, and data warehouse implementation and support concepts, and technologies. These should include:
- Database integration and ETL
- Reporting meta-data management
- Creation and manipulation of large data warehouse and data marts .
- Relational data modeling
- Dimensional data modeling using the Kimball methodology
- Be willing to learn and support new technologies
- Have strong problem solving, organizational, and decision-making skills
- Have strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Be detail oriented with excellent follow through
- Work well in a team environment
- Be accountable
Dealer.com provides an integrated platform of Inventory, Advertising, Website and CRM products which allow automotive manufacturers, dealer...