Decision Source, Inc. is seeking an experienced contract ETL Developer to join our consulting team to work on Data Warehousing projects from our office in Brentwood, TN ( Cool Springs area). In this role you be a part of creating state-of-the-art Data Integration, Data Warehousing and Business Intelligence Solutions. We help to evolve our clients' Data Warehousing and Business Intelligence capabilities and need a highly skilled and motivated professional who will be equally passionate about enhancing our clients' systems and business outcomes. The scope of responsibility includes ETL design and development, data modeling, data analysis, and database design.
Essential Job Functions:
- Design, develop, test, debug, implement and maintain ETL workflows, mappings, scripts, views and stored procedures to support the data warehouse and reporting requirements.
- Define and develop program specifications for data migration processes, as well as necessary test plans used to ensure successful execution.
- Perform analysis of data requirements and development of logical and physical data models.
- Review and analyze source data, analyze and document data flows, and validate mapping specifications and business rules from data source to target.
- Develop SQL queries and scripts to validate completeness, integrity and accuracy of data within the ETL process testing cycle.
- Design and develop automated solutions to increase the efficiency of ETL, data validation and other testing processes.
- Troubleshoot data quality problems. Identify, coordinate and help resolve the root cause of day-to-day production issues.
- Configure and tune ETL processes to optimize the data warehousing architecture.
- Participate in data modeling activities.
- Create system documentation including but not limited to source to target data mapping, database design diagrams, programming specifications, etc.
Decision Source, Inc. is a market leader in delivering application development, data warehousing and business intelligence solutions. We create success for our customers through relationships that encourage collaboration, communication and results. We continually employ innovative technologies, products and solutions that improve their business results. Our highest priorities are focused on quality, professionalism, and developing long-term relationships.
- Significant knowledge of and experience with ETL applications and techniques.
- Hands on data warehousing ETL design and development experience.
- Experience troubleshooting ETL errors and remediating them. Experience resolving ETL performance issues.
- In depth knowledge of and experience with data modeling.
- Fluent in database design concepts.
- Good working knowledge of database performance monitoring tools and practices
- Advance software development and scripting skills for use in automation and interfacing with databases.
- Strong database development skills including queries, functions, triggers, stored procedures, etc. T-SQL experience preferred.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills including creating clear documentation. Ability to explain complex technical concepts to non-technical people.
- Ability to work in a team environment as well as independently with minimal supervision.
- Ability to meet tight time lines with high quality standards showing a high level of focus with the utmost attention to detail and accuracy.
- At least 3 years of ETL development experience. Some experience with MySQL needed and experience with MS SQL Server preferred as well.
- Bachelor of Science degree in computer science, information systems or similar degree with relevant work experience.
Decision Source, Inc.
8115 Isabella Lane, Suite 3
Brentwood, TN 37027
Phone: ( 615) 425-2827
Decision Source, Inc. - 18 months ago
Decision Source is a market leader in providing consulting services for application development, data warehousing and business intelligence...