This position is responsible for development and support of Enterprise Data Warehouse and ETL jobs. This role will collaborate closely with both IT and business users to understand requirements and design.
- Design and develop ETL processes between OLTP and OLAP systems
- Gathering business requirements, creating supporting technical requirements and mapping documents.
- Design Data Warehouse and Data Models (star and snowflake schemas)
- Develop ETL code with appropriate monitoring and error handling capabilities.
- Create, maintain and troubleshoot SQL Query execution plans
- Create and maintain unit test plans
- Develop shell scripts for job automation
- Code Deployment in QA, UAT and Production
- Assist and train QA engineers to test ETL Applications
- Performance tuning of ETL extract jobs
- Design and develop database store procedures and functions for various ETL applications
- Respond to production support including some off-hours
- 7+ years of Data Warehouse and Business Intelligence design and development
- 7+ years of experience in ETL Development, using Informatica or Business Objects Data Services or other ETL tools. Knowledge of BIRST would be plus
- Troubleshoot ETL failures, defects and remediate them. Experience in resolving ETL performance issues
- Linux/Shell scripting expertise
- Strong database development skills, including SQL and performance tuning in MYSQL, Oracle or another relational databases. Experience in columnar databases such as Vertica or ParAccel would be plus
- Knowledge of software development life-cycle for data warehouse and business intelligence projects.Experience in Agile methodology would be plus
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Must be highly motivated, a quick learner, to work independently or on a team and drive solutions with minimal supervision
- Excellent analytical, technical aptitude and proven ability to solve problems and the ability to engage effectively with business and technical teams
- Ability to work productivity with offshore resources
- BS degree in Computer Science preferred or equivalent work experience