inVentiv Health offers best-in-class Clinical, Consulting and Commercial services to global companies seeking to accelerate performance. With 13,000 employees in 40 countries, we rapidly transform promising ideas into commercial reality. inVentiv has committed itself to hiring and retaining the very best talent in the healthcare industry, those who have a single common characteristic: the desire and aptitude to succeed. We are focused on hiring the best, those who possess unparalleled knowledge and experience as well as a passion for delivering exceptional ideas and service to our clients. In turn, inVentiv provides an opportunity-rich environment where employees can grow as professionals in one of many disciplines and pursue long-term career goals throughout our worldwide network of locations.
Responsible for design, development, and maintenance of all ETL Data Management projects/tools.
Key Job Responsibilities:
(Duties may include, but not limited to all or some of the following)
- Design, create specifications, Code Development and perform testing of ETL/database application projects.
- Recommend corrective action when necessary to improve performance, capture exceptions, and maintain scheduled jobs.
- Recommend backup strategies for all data migration projects/applications.
- Provide documentation for all applications and jobs created inclusive of QC and QA testing/recommendations.
- Simultaneously perform multiple IS projects and maintain accountability for all tasks associated with the projects.
- Assist in gathering information to perform necessary ETL code/projects.
- Maintains and modifies existing application programs in ETL solutions.
- Assist in troubleshooting of bugs, modifications, and slight extensions.
- Provide easily-maintainable code from project documentation, creating technical documentation and diagrams as well as helping to further define project specifications.
- Create/Extend new ETL programs using either Pervasive or SSIS toolset.
- Perform Ad Hoc projects as needed.
- Assist in data migration needs of the department and company where applicable.
- B.S. degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
- Minimum of 4 years of experience using ETL tools such as SQL Server Integration Services 2005/2008 and/or Pervasive.
- Experience in multi-server and multi-database environments.
- Ability to organize and perform detailed and complex ETL packages/jobs.
- Pharmaceutical experience preferred.
Benefits: At inVentiv health, we believe in providing an environment and culture in which Our People can thrive, develop and advance. We reward and recognize our people by providing valuable benefits and a quality of life balance.
EOE: inVentiv health & its Clients are equal opportunity employers and are committed to employing a diverse workforce.
InventivHealth - 21 months ago