This position will be part of our dynamic and fast paced development team, and mainly responsible for developing, enhancing and maintaining the core data processing platform in the company.
- Gather requirements from Operations and business analysts to define data definitions, transformation logic, data model logical and physical designs, data flow and process.
- Design, develop, and test ETL (Extract, Transform and Loading) processes per business requirements, following the development standards and best practices.
- Perform data analysis on input and output data using the tools available, and solve any data related queries or issues.
- Work independently in the development, testing, implementation and maintenance of systems of moderate-to-large size and complexity.
- Work closely with Quality Assurance and Production support group to devise the test plans, answer questions and solve any data or processing issues.
- Document the data mapping, transformation logic and process flow for each development project.
Bachelor degree (or above) in Computer Science, Engineering, Physics, Mathematics or related fields.
Required Skills or Experience
- 2+ years of experience with Database technology (such as Oracle, Sybase or SQL*Server) and proficient in SQL.
- 2+ years of experience with UNIX platform and proficient in Shell programming. Any background in C/C++ programming or Java programming on UNIX is a big plus.
- Experience with any of the following ETL tools: Ab Initio, Oracle PL/SQL, Informatica or Data Stage, is a big plus but not required.
- Experienced with formal software development life cycle.
- With strong analytical and problem solving skills
- With the ability to work effectively with other team members.
- With strong communication skills, both in verbal and writing.
The NPD Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
NPD Group - 2 years ago
The NPD Group helps its more than 2,000 clients fatten their coffers by giving them the skinny on consumer behavior. A global market...