The ETL Developer participates in the design, development, testing implementation and maintenance of data acquisition, transformation and delivery processes in the data warehouse. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Translating business needs into ETL requirements
- Ensuring the accuracy & integrity of ETL processes through analysis, coding, writing clear documentation & problem resolution.
- Analyzing & translating functional specifications & change requests into technical specifications.
- Capture and load source system data via ETL processes into the data warehouse using Informatica;
- Design, Develop, test and implement program logic for ETL development.
- Efficiently implement team developed ETL technical specifications
- Optimize ETL data load jobs to improve performance and availability;
- Design, Develop and implement data quality processes using Informatica Data Quality;
- Design, Develop and maintain logical and physical dimensional data models for Data Warehouse/Data Mart
- Following agency standards to ensure the accuracy and integrity of data and ETL processes;
- Writing clear, complete ETL process, associated tasks and data modeling documentation
- Ongoing maintenance, and support of new and existing Informatica ETL workflows;
- Investigating and resolving data loading and/or data integrity issues
Seven (7) years demonstrated hands-on experience:
In an Oracle environment designing and developing ETL processes using ETL tool Informatica
With ETL development experience in an Oracle environment writing SQL and PL/SQL coding
Five (5) years demonstrated hands-on experience with:
ETL development experience using UNIX scripting and/or command language
Two (2) years demonstrated hands-on experience:
developing ETL processes in an Oracle environment using Informatica 8.x or higher
using ER Studio for dimensional data modeling
Performance tuning and Optimization of sessions, mappings, sources and targets, Production support, trouble shooting and solving migration issues, and identifying errors during data loads and transformations.
Bachelors Degree in computer science, engineering, or mathematics
One (1) year demonstrated hands-on experience with:
Oracle environment with Informatica 9.0 or higher
Oracle environment with Informatica Data Quality 8.6 or higher
Oracle environment extracting metadata from Informatica Repository
using Visual Source Safe to store and maintain ETL documentation
implementing HIPPA data security requirements in a data warehouse environment
RJT Compuquest - 20 months ago
copy to clipboard -