Posting Title EUC Sales Specialist (SLED) About Us VMware (NYSE: VMW) is the global leader in virtualization and cloud infrastructure, two areas that consistently rank as top priorities among CIOs.
VMware delivers award-winning, customer-proven solutions that accelerate IT by reducing complexity and enabling more flexible, agile service delivery. Our solutions help organizations of all sizes, lower costs, increase business agility and ensure freedom of choice. We are searching for people who are ready to accelerate, innovate and lead to join our team of more than 9,000 employees in 40+ locations worldwide working to develop innovative solutions that deliver the future of IT through cloud computing. Having the audacity to challenge constraints and problem-solve for tomorrow starts today, and it starts with you. Learn more at www.vmware.com/careers. Why work for our Division The VMware sales team and the solutions, products and services we deliver are revolutionizing data centers and the IT enterprise network. The sales team is responsible for driving new business, building customer loyalty, ensuring high product retention rates, supporting and promoting corporate strategy and initiatives, and developing and executing area business plans. The team is made up of humble top performers that foster an entrepreneurial team spirit and a team culture that promotes leaders at all levels. VMware’s executive sales leadership is hands-on, regularly engaging with the team during key parts of the sales process to win and retain accounts. The VMware sales team includes several key roles that all work together to meet a shared quota. In 2007, VMware experienced 88% year-over-year revenue growth, creating an ideal atmosphere for passionate, performance-oriented sales professionals. The VMware go-to-market plan separates our sales teams into three distinct areas: Global Accounts, Enterprise Accounts and Commercial Accounts. Job Description The End User Computing (EUC) Sales Specialist is an evangelist and subject matter expert in relation to VMware’s EUC solution portfolio with a focus on Sate, Local and Education (SLED) customers.
The role will assist the growth of the EUC market in both existing and new customer base. It is responsible for driving thought leadership at multiple levels into the customer base concentrating on adoption strategies for implementing the EUC solution portfolio and assisting in formulating business validation cases in order to expedite adoption of these technologies.
The role will also contribute to formulating Partner and Alliance strategies with respective customers in order to deliver seamless end to end turnkey solutions to the market.
Key responsibilities and accountabilities:
Desired Skills & Experience
- Support and manage market penetration, and enablement of the EUC solutions
- Perform customer workshops in order to drive thought leadership and awareness in customer
- Perform sales activities with customers and prospects including customer presentations to technical and senior audiences and technology demonstrations
- Act as the subject matter expert on EUC Solutions.
- Represent the needs of customers into the EUC Business via feedback and active industry participation.
- Develop presentation content for the solution set to deliver for internal, partners and customers in order to drive awareness and education in the market place
- Drive EUC business with Partners, building and developing a Partner ecosystem around this space.
- Have competitive insight of the market and drive sales strategies to counter and gain market share
- Work with marketing and field sales teams to execute against go to market strategy for EUC in the SLED market.
Role Specific Technical Skills Requirements:
Previous Experience and Capabilities:
- Strong knowledge around desktop products and solutions preferably including; VMware View / Thinapp, Citrix Xen Desktop / App, Microsoft SCCM, Symantec - Altiris, Novell Zen Works.
- Possess a strong understanding with enterprise topologies, including virtualization, networking and storage systems
- Have the ability to grasp and present virtualization / cloud and associated technologies quickly.
- Be well versed in existing technologies and related business challenges around traditional desktop management, server based computing, hosted virtual desktop and application virtualization with a focus on Education and State/Local Governments.
- Have a clear understanding of emerging market trends around Mobility / BYOD / Sustainability / DaaS / SaaS / MDM.
- Accomplished presenter of sales and technical material to both small and large groups.
- Significant experience in technology related sales or pre-sales, in roles such as Sales Engineer, Pre-sales Consultant or Sales Specialist in EUC related technologies.
- Experience in managing and supporting large desktop deployments would be desirable
- Proven ability to over achieve targets in a competitive territory
- Ability to work in both a channel focused and direct sales environment
- Ability to maintain high sales activity rates and manage multiple opportunities simultaneously
- Strong experience leading a multi-functional team in engagements
- Previous experience in a high sales cadence and customer centric environment
Personal Attributes and Competencies:
- Degree education in Technology and/or Business desirable
Requisition Number 38307BR
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral.
- Must be a self-starter and have strong organizational and time management skills
- Great relationship building skills, tenacity, resilience and inter-personal skills
- Strong knowledge of consultative sales that gets results
- High energy and self-motivated Location Tampa, FL, US
VMware is the leader in cloud infrastructure, business mobility and virtualization software. A pioneer in the use of virtualization and...