Responsible for attending to the cleaning and stocking needs of assigned area(s) of the property.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
* Dusts, sweeps, mops, scrubs, vacuum, and clean assigned areas.
* Scrubs, waxes and strips floors, as assigned.
* Sweeps stairwells, parking lot, and other areas, and attends to other special projects, as requested.
* Cleans elevator tracks, power washes driveway entrance, as requested.
* Cleans rugs, carpets and upholstered furniture and draperies as needed.
* Empties wastebaskets; empties and cleans ashtrays.
* Transports trash and dirty linens to designated areas.
* Assists in the minor maintenance in public areas, such as: changing light bulbs, unplugging toilets, etc., and reports problems that need further attention to the Lead Housekeeper or Housekeeping Shift Manager on duty.
* Re-stocks paper supplies, chemical supplies in bottles, and maintains washroom supplies.
* Stocks and maintains housekeeping storage rooms.
* Routinely inspects work areas, identifying potential problems or repair needs, and notifying the Housekeeping Office of maintenance to be scheduled.
* Facilitates the flow of information throughout the department, by attending regularly scheduled meetings with Team Members on assigned shift.
* Properly tags lost and found items and delivery them to the Housekeeping Office, for storage.
* Other duties as assigned by Environmental Services Manager.
* Adheres to performance standards, company policies and procedures, as they relate to the department.
* Responsible for maintaining a consistent, regular attendance record.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
High School diploma or GED preferred
Strong organizational and interpersonal skills.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instruction, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or Team Members of organization.
Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by a Team Member to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the Team Member is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The Team Member frequently is required to stand; walk, climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The Team Member is occasionally required to sit.
The Team Member must regularly lift and/or move up to 100 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those a Team Member encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the Team Member regularly works near moving mechanical parts and is regularly exposed to risk of electrical shock and radiation. The Team Member occasionally works in high, precarious places and in outside weather conditions and is occasionally exposed to extreme heat.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. When on the casino floor, the noise level increases to loud. When on the casino floor Team Member may be exposed to second hand smoke.
Valley View Casino and Hotel - 13 months ago
copy to clipboard