Performs routine cleaning and sanitizing in offices, exam rooms, procedures rooms, lobbies, stairs, restrooms, elevators, and other ancillary areas. May also perform discharge cleaning of patient rooms and be called upon from time to time to perform cleaning schedules which requires patient interaction.
MAINTAINS A FRIENDLY, POSITIVE CUSTOMER SERVICE ATTITUDE TOWARD PATIENTS, S&W STAFF, GUESTS, AND CO-WORKERS.
* Greets all guests in a friendly manner. Offers to help them if they appear lost, confused, or otherwise in need of something.
* Greets all Scott & White personnel in a friendly manner. Upon entering their assigned work area, checks with the area manager or clerk to determine if anything special is needed.
* This position requires minimal patient interaction but may be called upon to perform cleaning duties in patient rooms from time to time.
MAINTAINS ALL ASSIGNED ROOMS, AREAS, AND SPACES IN A CLEAN, NEAT, AND SANITARY MANNER USING THE CHEMICALS AND ROCESSES REAUIRED BY THE EVS DEPARTMENT.
* Cleans and stocks their assigned cart daily. Uses the prescribed cart set-up protocol. Stores cart in the assigned area.
* Cleans assigned areas such as nurses stations, offices, staff areas, restrooms, and ancillary areas with the proper chemicals (properly diluted and dispensed) using the cleaning methodology as trained. Spot cleans carpeting as trained.
* May be required to clean in patient areas, such as discharges or between cases and agrees to follow all proper protocols. For discharges, responds in the time allowed, reports appropriately through the bed tracking system when in process and when completed.
* Follows proper procedure for cleaning isolation rooms or other high risk areas as prescribed in department protocol.
* Inspects their own work for thoroughness and quality.
CONTRIBUTES TO A SAFE AND SANITARY ENVIRONMENT.
* Diligently employs universal precautions when cleaning, disposing of soiled linen or trash, and/or handling bio-hazardous materials.
* Wears gloves and other precautionary clothing or equipment as required.
* Immediately notifies their supervisor and other Scott & White staff of any unsafe or unsanitary conditions or actions by other personnel.
* Uses the EVS equipment and solutions as trained. Does not combine chemicals or use "tools" that were not issued by the EVS department.
ADHERES AND SUPPORTS EVS AND SCOTT & WHITE POLICIES AND PROCEDURES, AS WELL AS ALL FEDERAL, STATE, AND LOCAL REGULATIONS.
* Adheres to assigned break and lunch times.
* Follows clock-in and clock-out procedures precisely. Review and ensures the Kronos time keeping is complete and accurate.
* Adheres to the attendance policy or PTO policy.
* Wears the EVS uniform as prescribed. Keeps it neat and clean at all times. Maintains proper hygiene and minimizes the use of perfumes or colognes.
* Responds to pages and other requests immediately.
PERFORMS OTHER POSITION APPROPRIATE DUTIES AS REQUIRED IN A COMPETENT, PROFESSIONAL AND COURTEOUS MANNER.
REQUIRED SKILS, KNOWLEDGE, AND ABILITY:
* Must be able to understand and speak and write the English language in order to follow instructions and labels.
* Treats all co-workers in a friendly respectful manner. Willingly agrees to help others when requested by EVS management.
* Willing to learn new methods and materials when introduced, as Scott & White seeks to benchmark World Class practices.
* Seeks to score above 90% in area inspections performed by EVS management staff and other Scott & White personnel.
* Supports the efforts of the EVS department to exceed targets in SWISS and Press Ganey.
* Patient and customer interviews always reflect that the housekeeper is friendly, has a positive customer service attitude and performs the EVS duties in a Quality manner.
* Unit nursing or departmental staff knows the housekeeper is friendly, has a positive customer service attitude and performs the EVS duties in a quality manner.
* Unit nursing or departmental staff knows the housekeeper by name and praises the individual's quality and professionalism.
* Attends all educational, training, and/or informational meetings scheduled by the EVS department or Scott & White.
* Ability to climb and work off of steps and ladders. Employees must know how to inspect and use ladders in a safe and proper manner.
* Texas Drivers License preferred.
Experience: Minimum/No Experience
Degree: H. S. Graduate/GED Equivalent
Department: CorpSv EVS-CS
Standard Hours Per Week: PRN, as needed
Scott & White Healthcare is a not-for-profit health care system established in 1897. Scott & White is the principal clinical...