Performs routine and discharge cleaning in assigned patient area. Interfaces daily with patients and guests. Performs duties in patient rooms, offices, exam rooms, procedure rooms, lobbies, stairs, restrooms, elevators, and other ancillary areas.
MAINTAINS A FRIENDLY, EFFICIENT, POSITIVE CUSTOMER SERVICE ATTITUDE TOWARD PATIENTS, S&W STAFF, GUESTS, AND CO-WORKERS.
* Greets patients upon entering their room. In addition to cleaning the room, asks if the patient needs anything and responds immediately to the request.
* Greets all Scott & White personnel in a friendly manner. Upon entering their assigned work area, checks with the area manager or clerk to determine if anything special is needed.
* Greets all guests in a friendly manner. Offers to help them if they appear lost, confused, or otherwise in need of something.
MAINTAINS ALL ASSIGNED ROOMS, AREAS, AND SPACES IN A CLEAN, NEAT, AND SANITARY MANNER USING THE CHEMICALS AND PROCESSES REQUIRED BY THE EVS DEPARTMENT.
* Cleans and stocks their assigned cart daily. Uses the prescribed cart set-up protocol. Stores cart in the assigned area.
* Cleans patient rooms, nurse stations, offices, staff areas, restrooms, and other ancillary areas assigned with the proper chemicals properly diluted and dispensed) using the cleaning methodology as trained. Spot cleans carpeting as trained.
* Follows proper protocol for cleaning a discharge room. Responds in the time allowed, notifies bed tracking when in process and when completed.
* Follows proper procedure for cleaning isolation rooms or other high risk areas.
* Inspects their own work for thoroughness and quality.
CONTRIBUTES TO A SAFE AND SANITARY ENVIRONMENT.
* Diligently employs universal precautions when cleaning, disposing of soiled linen or trash, and/or handling bio-hazardous materials.
* Wears gloves and other precautionary clothing or equipment as required.
* Notifies immediately their supervisor and other Scott & White staff of any unsafe or unsanitary condition or action by other personnel.
* Uses the EVS equipment and solutions as trained. Does not combine chemicals or use "tools" that were not issued by EVS.
DEMONSTRATES PRIDE IN WORK AND PROFESSIONALISM AT ALL TIMES.
* Supports the efforts of the EVS department to exceed targets in SWISS and Press Ganey.
ADHERES AND SUPPORTS EVS AND SCOTT & WHITE POLICIES AND PROCEDURES, AS WELL AS ALL FEDERAL, STATE, AND LOCAL REGULATIONS.
* Adheres to assigned break and lunch times.
* Follows clock-in and clock-out procedures precisely. Reviews and ensures the Kronos time keeping is complete and accurate.
* Adheres to the attendance policy or PTO policy.
* Wears the EVS uniform as prescribed. Keeps it neat and clean at all times. Maintains proper hygiene and minimizes the use of perfumes or colognes.
* Responds to pages and other requests immediately.
PERFORMS OTHER POSITION APPROPRIATE DUTIES AS REQUIRED IN A COMPETENT, PROFESSIONAL AND COURTEOUS MANNER.
REQUIRED SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITY:
* Must have the ability to climb and work off step stools and ladders. Employees must know how to inspect and use ladders in a safe and proper manner.
* Acts as an Ambassador for Scott & White to patients and their families and visitors. Always introducing oneself, asking if other services need attention while displaying a friendly smiling attitude toward the patient and visitors.
* Treats all co-workers in a friendly, respectful manner. Willingly agrees to help others when requested by EVS management.
* Willing to learn new methods and materials when introduced as Scott & White seeks to benchmark World Class practices.
* Seeks to score above 90% in room inspections performed by the EVS management staff and other S & W personnel.
* Patient interviews always reflect that the housekeeper is friendly, has a positive customer service attitude and performs the EVS duties in a quality manner.
* Unit nursing staff knows the housekeeper by name and praises the individuals quality and professionalism.
* Attends all educational, training and/or informational meetings scheduled by the EVS department or Scott & White.
* Texas Drivers License preferred.
Experience: 1+ Years
Degree: H. S. Graduate/GED Equivalent
Department: BrnHos Facility Svc
Standard Hours Per Week: 40
Shift: 2 Hours are 12:00p - 8:30p Rotate 2 1/2 weekends on 2 1/2 weekends off
Scott & White - 20 months ago
copy to clipboard