Performs routine deep cleaning and maintenance of floors (hard surface and carpet) as trained. Does projects (Lights, windows, vents, etc.) as assigned. Collects waste and maintains waste streams according to policy and federal, state, and local regulations. Delivers supplies to areas as required. Assists with meeting set-ups.
MAINTAINS A FRIENDLY, EFFICIENT, POSITIVE CUSTOMER SERVICE ATTITUDE TOWARD S&W STAFF, GUESTS, AND CO-WORKERS.
* Greets all guests in a friendly manner while performing assigned duties. Offers to help them if they appear lost, confused, or otherwise in need of something.
* Greets all Scott & White personnel in a friendly manner upon entering their assigned work area.
* This position requires minimal direct patient contact. However, when in a patient area, always greets the patient and introduces self and state your purpose for being there.
MAINTAINS ALL ASSIGNED AREAS, TASKS, AND SPACES IN A CLEAN, NEAT, AND SANITARY MANNER USING THE CHEMICALS AND PROCESSES REQUIRED BY THE EVS DEPARTMENT.
* Cleans and maintains their assigned equipment daily. Uses the prescribed protocol and chemicals. Stores equipment in the assigned area.
* Cleans and maintains assigned areas such as corridors, nurse stations, office, staff areas, restrooms, stairs, elevators, and ancillary areas with the proper chemicals (properly diluted and dispensed) using the appropriate methodology as trained.
* May be required to clean in patient areas, such as buffing, burnishing, or refinishing patient rooms.
* May be asked to assist with discharges and isolation cleans. Responds in the time allowed. Follows proper procedure for cleaning discharges and isolation rooms or other high risk areas, upon request by EVS manager.
* Inspects their own work for thoroughness and quality.
CONTRIBUTES TO A SAFE AND SANITARY ENVIRONMENT.
* Diligently employs universal precautions when cleaning, disposing of soiled linen or trash, and/or handling bio-hazardous materials.
* Wears gloves and other precautionary clothing or equipment as required. Covers all trash or soiled linen carts when transporting.
* Immediately notifies supervisor and other Scott & White staff of any unsafe or unsanitary condition or action by other personnel.
* Uses the EVS equipment and solutions as trained. Does not combine chemicals or use "tools" that were not issued by EVS. Red tag and notify supervisor of any defective equipment immediately.
DEMONSTRATES PRIDE IN WORK AND PROFESSIONALISM AT ALL TIMES.
* Quality of work contributes to high SWISS and Press Ganey scores.
* Customer Rounding indicates high satisfaction with carpet and hard surface floor care, trash removal, meeting set-ups, and project completion.
* Responds to pages and other requests immediately.
ADHERES AND SUPPORTS EVS AND SCOTT & WHITE POLICIES AND PROCEDURES AS WELL AS ALL FEDERAL, STATE, AND LOCAL REGULATIONS.
* Adheres to assigned break and lunch times.
* Follows clock-in and clock-out procedures precisely. Reviews and ensures the Kronos time keeping is complete and accurate.
* Adheres to the attendance and PTO policy.
* Wears the EVS uniform as prescribed. Keeps it neat and clean at all times. Maintains proper hygiene and minimizes the use of perfumes or colognes.
PERFORMS OTHER POSITION APPROPRIATE DUTIES AS REQUIRED IN A COMPETENT, PROFESSIONAL AND COURTEOUS MANNER.
REQUIRED SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, AND ABILITY:
* Requires the ability to climb and work off of step stools and ladders. Employees must know how to inspect and use ladders in a safe and proper manner.
* Treats all co-workers in a friendly, respectful manner. Willingly agrees to help others when requested by EVS management.
* Willing to learn new methods and materials when introduced, as Scott & White seeks to benchmark World Class practices.
* Seeks to score above 90% in area inspections performed by EVS management staff and other Scott & White personnel.
* Ability to understand and speak the English language. Must be able to read instructions and labels.
* Texas Drivers License preferred
Experience: 1+ Years
Degree: H. S. Graduate/GED Equivalent
Department: Enviro Services
Standard Hours Per Week: 40
Scott & White - 20 months ago