Penn National Gaming has thrilled and entertained guests since 1971 when it all began as a horse racing venue. From a single race track, we have grown to be one of the nation’s largest gaming companies, operating properties that offer broad and diverse gaming and pari-mutuel wagering experiences. PENN is dedicated to becoming the undisputed leader in guest service by offering a Red Carpet experience for each and every guest.
Your daily responsibilities include:
- Cleans ash trays, trash cans, restrooms, offices, public areas, windows, restaurants, counter tops, furniture, and any other decorative objects in the racing area or common areas
- Vacuums carpet, sweeps and mops tile floors, cleans any spills that occur
- Cleans any bio hazardous materials when it occurs
- Removes trash from the trash container and places into the dumpsters
- Familiar with the proper use of chemicals and equipment
- Must be able to stand and work in a noisy, smoke filled environment
- Responsible for providing exceptional Red Carpet Customer Service to all guests
To be successful in this position it will require the following skill set:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Previous housekeeping or janitorial experience preferred
- Must present a well-groomed appearance
- Must perform duties with a sense of urgency
- Must be able to work as a team with other employees
- Ability to use and control various mechanical equipment
- Ability to work around dust
- Ability to maneuver in small, limited spaces
- Ability to transport all supplies to and from work areas
- Must be able to work in areas containing second-hand smoke
- Must be able to operate equipment, including: vacuum cleaners, floor machines, carpet extractors, mop and broom
- Must be able to work with cleaning chemicals and be able to handle chemical fumes and airborne particles (on occasion)
- Ability to perform duties with a sense of urgency
- Must be able to walk, stand, and work on hand and knees for long periods of time
- Must qualify for the Maryland Racing Commission License.
- Physically mobile with reasonable accommodations including ability to push, pull, carry and lift up to 25 lbs., and the ability to push, pull, reach, bend, twist, stoop, stack, crouch, kneel and balance when performing job duties in varying work areas such as confined spaces
Something to leave you with:
If you're truly committed to a red-carpet service culture, then you need a team that is just as dedicated in pursuing that vision. Penn National Gaming is the place where we empower our cast members to deliver that WOW factor to our guests and in turn we will provide them an opportunity to build an "A" list career portfolio. You will soon understand why "It's Good To Be PENN!"
Penn National Gaming, Inc.
- 2 years ago - save job