Responsible for managing the daily work activities of assigned cleaning personnel and ensure established procedures and schedule assignments are followed. Assist with establishing policies, procedures, objectives and work standards.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES / ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
Completes employee evaluations.
Monitors workloads, making adjustments as needed to compensate for peak/slack time.
Inspect completed work for acceptable quality and quantity.
Counseling of employees due to unsatisfactory work performance
Recommending appropriate disciplinary action for continued unsatisfactory work performance.
Responsible for employees adhering to dress code.
Monitor product usage.
Maintain good working relationship with all departments in the hospital.
Responsible for monitoring the conditions of all housekeeping equipment to ensure cleanliness, safety, and proper working conditions.
Responsible for all decision making that will ensure consistent cleanliness of areas under direct supervision.
Responsible for ensuring all schedules are covered and for approving and scheduling employee time off.
Monitor hours worked to ensure authorized FTE levels are not exceeded without proper authorization.
MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- Maintains performance, patient and employee satisfaction and financial standards as outlined in the performance evaluation.
- Performs compliance requirements as outlined in the Employee Handbook
- Must adhere to the DCH Behavioral Standards including creating positive relationships with patients/families, coworkers, colleagues and with self.
- Requires use of electronic mail, time and attendance software, learning management software and intranet.
- Must adhere to all DCH Health System policies and procedures.
- All other duties as assigned.
1. High school or equivalent education preferred
2. A minimum of two years of housekeeping experience, preferably in a commercial or health
3. Good working knowledge of daily cleaning activities, procedures and equipment.
4. Has displayed proven leadership characteristics over a period of time.
6. Must be able to read, write legibly, speak, and comprehend English.
Includes exposure to human body fluids, disease, infection, lab chemicals and hazard material. Requires wearing common protective or safety equipment. (Medium Work – exerting up to 20 to 50 lbs of force occasionally, and/or 25 to 50 lbs of frequently). Must be able to speak clearly and have the ability to reason and express ideas to groups of people. Physical presence onsite is essential. Hearing and vision must be normal or corrected to within normal range. Able to perform the duties with or without reasonable accommodation.
DCH Health System - 9 months ago
As a community-owned, not-for-profit organization, DCH Health System is committed to providing quality health care services to all residents...