Responsible for ensuring the nutritional integrity and quality of food. Indirectly supervises the Chef de Cuisine position in all kitchens. Supports the recruitment, hiring, development and retention of all culinary staff. Oversees and maintains the kitchen sanitation and HACCP program. Develops menus and supports recipe development, BOH systems and compliance with corporate dining standards.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
Provide direction for daily operation of all food production facilities.
Implement and maintain proper purchasing/receiving procedures.
Implement and maintain proper food preparation/production procedures.
Implement and maintain proper procedures to ensure optimum food quality/presentation.
Develop, implement and maintain service menus and recipe management system and BOH computer system.
Implement and maintain proper procedures to maintain kitchen/equipment sanitation. Responsible for monthly internal sanitation audit.
Comply with all federal and state regulations pertaining to food handling/production (Health Department/HAACP).
Partner with Unit Managers to ensure issues with food production, preparation and presentation are resolved.
Implement and monitor standards for training of culinary staff development.
Participate in BOH standardization process through active participation on Executive Chef Peer Team.
Develop and maintain relationships with residents through dining room visits and meetings.
Communicate effectively with management, staff and residents.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Proven excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proven ability to lead and develop a team
- Proven strong guest service orientation
- Ability to function in a team oriented environment
- Creative skills in food preparation and presentation
- Excellent time management skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Exceptional listening skills and detailed follow up
- Good knowledge of PC software and POS systems (Word, Excel, Outlook, Power Point).
- Serve as consultant to Unit Managers, providing culinary operational direction
- Ability to analyze product and work flow in kitchens and recommend improvements
- Certification from a culinary institute or equivalent
- Minimum 7 years proven track record as Executive Chef
LICENSES, CERTIFICATES, REGISTRATIONS:
- Provide leadership for culinary staff
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to stand for long periods of time
- Ability to lift objects weighing up to fifty pounds
- Ability to travel considerable distance across campus
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Ability to work in a multi-tasked environment
- Ability to provide direction for multiple locations
Erickson Living, its affiliates, and managed communities are Equal Opportunity Employers and do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, gender/ sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, veteran status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
History and Vision of The Company
Headquartered in Baltimore, Maryland, Erickson Living, a leading developer and manager of senior living...