Reporting to the Executive Committee of the Pirate Club, with an indirect reporting line to the Director of Athletics, the individual serving in this position is responsible for, but not limited to, the following duties:
1. Developing presentations for major gift prospects and donors.
2. Supervising the fiscal operation and budget planning of the organization working through the Assistant Director of Athletics for Business.
3. Providing leadership, administrative support, and supervision to all personnel assigned to the Pirate Club.
4. Supervising all fund-raising activities.
5. Serving as the spokesperson when so instructed by the Executive Committee or President on matters relating to the Pirate Club.
6. Directly involved with setting athletics ticket policies, seat assignments, and ticket distributions.
7. Directly approve all brochures and literature.
8. Serving on university and community committees as designated by the Director of Athletics or his designee.
9. Preparing for Executive Committee meetings as mandated by the By-Laws of the ECU Educational Foundation. Communicating the goals and objectives of the Executive Committee to all members of the Pirate Club.
10. Supervising and directing activities of all assigned Pirate Club staff in order that all aspects of the operation are carried out in an efficient, well-organized manner.
The position requires a bachelor's degree plus six years of experience in intercollegiate athletics fundraising or equivalent experience. The candidate must possess strong communication, organizational, interpersonal, and presentation skills. The candidate must also have experience working with annual fund solicitations through a volunteer network, and experience working with priority systems in the assignment of season tickets and other donor benefits. The candidate must have familiarity with planned giving best practices, and experience with the implementation of capital campaigns. The candidate must have hands-on experience in managing development personnel. Extensive travel is required.
Graduate degree in sports administration or in business preferred.
Current experience as a senior level administrative staff member in a Division I fundraising unit.
Special Instructions to Applicants
East Carolina University requires applicants to submit a candidate profile online in order to be considered for the position. Candidates should submit a cover letter, a curriculum vitae/resume, and and at least four references (including names, titles, relationship, phone numbers, and e-mail addresses), online.
East Carolina University - 2 years ago
East Carolina University (ECU) offers more than 100 undergraduate programs and about 75 graduate, 15 doctoral, and four specialist degree...