Reasonable Accommodations Statement To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable Accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Essential Functions Statement(s)
- Supervise writing, plan story selection, graphics selection, editing, production and execution of daily newscasts and special programming.
- Coach and develop producers and other direct reports.
- Manage line producers and facilitate producer schedules.
- Take full responsibility for execution of assigned newscasts as well as other special assignments.
- Monitor competition and industry trends with particular emphasis on new media such as social networking and innovative newsgathering techniques and equipment.
Skills & Abilites Education:
- Accuracy – Ability to perform work accurately and thoroughly.
- Communication, Oral – Ability to communicate effectively with others using the spoken word
- Problem Solving – Ability to find a solution for or to deal proactively with work-related problems.
- Technical Aptitude – Ability to comprehend complex technical topics and specialized information
- Working Under Pressure – Ability to complete assigned tasks under stressful situations.
College degree in journalism or an equivalent combination of education and experience Experience: 10 years news producing experience-Top 10 Market preferred. Must have a thorough understanding of television news operations. Excellent management skills and experience managing teams. Strong communication and conflict management skills. Ability to manage multiple priorities simultaneously and meet deadlines. Excellent editorial judgment.