General Atomics Aeronautical Systems, Inc. (GA-ASI), an affiliate of General Atomics, is a world leader in proven, reliable Unmanned Aircraft Systems and tactical reconnaissance radars, as well as advanced high-resolution surveillance systems.
We have an exciting opportunity as an Aircraft & Powerplant Specialist in our Programs group
Individual will work under general supervision performing routine work and detailed instructions for special testing and/or activities. This position is responsible for providing flight line and ground support to include but not limited to towing, refueling, defueling, and launch and recovery of aircraft; may troubleshoot aircraft and system to determine related problems. Provides technical assistance in mechanical and inspection work. Assists with the development and review of new processes and procedures. Assists in training programs as required. Accurately plan and schedule asset availability to support uninterrupted flight operations.
May require travel up to 4-6 weeks occassionally and must be available to work varying shifts.
- Performs scheduled and unscheduled maintenance.
- Inspects airframe, powerplant, and propeller components at regular intervals as per company approved procedures and/or government technical order requirements. Certify on aircraft records that aircraft are in a condition safe for flight.
- Repair fuel or oil leaks or engine problems as required.
- Remove and replace airframe components as required.
- Troubleshoot and repair aircraft independently.
- Perform all launch and recovery tasks of aircraft to include ground operations, preflight items, ground observer responsibilities, and post flight items.
- Test, maintain and operate ground equipment.
- Assist with new powerplant development as required.
- Responsible for observing all laws, regulations and other applicable obligations wherever and whenever business is conducted on behalf of GA-ASI. Expected to maintain a productive and safe working environment in accordance with established operating procedures and practices.
- 2 years ago - save job