General Atomics Aeronautical Systems, Inc. (GA-ASI), an affiliate of General Atomics, is a world leader in proven, reliable Unmanned Aircraft Systems and tactical reconnaissance radars, as well as advanced high-resolution surveillance systems.
We have an exciting opportunity for an Experienced Level GCS Engineer in our Project Engineering group.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Performing system level design of the Ground Control Stations (GCS) for GA-ASI UAV system.
· Develop new designs or modifications of existing systems as required to meet project goals. Assignments are normally outlined in terms of overall objectives and anticipated results.
· Review Statements of work (SOW) and define Non-Recurring Engineering (NRE) project tasks and responsibilities.
· Work with other GCS team members to define system design requirements.
· Work with other groups such as Software Engineering, Mechanical Engineering and Program Management personnel to facilitate task completion.
· Oversee sustaining engineering tasks and work closely with manufacturing on the integration of new and existing GCS assemblies and sub- assemblies.
· Troubleshoot, analyze, and repair systems in assigned area by utilizing standard engineering and scientific principles.
· Working with drafters and other engineering support organizations, produce documentation such as engineering drawings, source control drawings, system specifications, and test procedures.
· Provides documentation and makes technical presentations as required.
· Provides direction to design or technical staff and may lead a team of moderately experienced professional staff.
General Atomics - 12 months ago
General Atomics Aeronautical Systems, Inc. (GA-ASI), an affiliate of privately-held General Atomics, is a leading manufacturer of Unmanned...