General Atomics Aeronautical Systems, Inc. (GA-ASI), an affiliate of General Atomics, is a world leader in proven, reliable Unmanned Aircraft Systems and tactical reconnaissance radars, as well as advanced high-resolution surveillance systems.
We have an exciting opportunity for an Experienced Level System Test & Qualification Engineer in our Project Engineering group.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Performing System Test and Qualification Engineering activities on Unmanned Aerial Vehicle (UAV) programs.
· Will guide the completion of test and evaluation of small and large test programs and function in an advisory/mentoring and leadership role providing direction to experienced professional staff. Will independently determine and develop approach to T&E solutions.
· Will direct and participate in flight testing of hardware and software with emphasis placed on deriving & tracking test requirements, generation of system level Test Plans and Procedures, may participate and/or present at customer & internal technical test reviews.
· Will be required to act as test conductor/director for ground and flight tests, to include providing ground and flight crew direction/leadership during tests.
· May provide manpower and task estimates for follow on and new programs and may act as test CAM for larger programs.
· Will be required to understand all aspects of SIL/Ground/Flight testing, coordinate and manage those tests and provide test support as needed.
· Will be required to train and develop other engineers in flight test principles and processes as they relate to company procedures and contractual obligations.
· Communicate with engineering professionals, solution users, customers, and management throughout the T&E solution development cycle.
· Represent the company as a prime technical contact on T&E and/or projects, interact with senior external personnel on T&E technical matters requiring coordination between the organizations hours.
· Experience with avionics, payloads and/or weapons integration and test at flight test facilities is required. Self motivated requiring little supervision and able to multitask in a fast paced, rapidly changing environment as well as the mental flexibility to deal with the rapid changes.
· Pilot qualifications and/or flight operations familiarity in a military setting is highly desirable.
· Previous flight test engineer with a qualification to perform tests for a military organization is highly desirable. Previous formal flight test training including but not limited to national test pilot school, crew resource management, etc. is highly desirable.
- 20 months ago - save job
General Atomics Aeronautical Systems, Inc. (GA-ASI), an affiliate of privately-held General Atomics, is a leading manufacturer of Unmanned...