Tennessee’s largest independent retail mortgage lender and top 5 volume lender in the state in total volume ( #1 THDA, #2 FHA and #2 VA), Mortgage Investors Group (MIG), has an immediate opening to serve as an in-house EXPERIENCED Mortgage Loan Officer for a large realtor's Knoxville Office. The ideal candidate will have at least 3 years of experience and will be familiar with FHA, VA and conventional mortgages and must be capable of closing more than $1 Million per month on time and as promised. Lender to provide all local staff including processing, underwriting and closing.
Founded in 1989, MIG has a statewide branch network using a local processing model. We are the # 2 FHA lender, heavily focused on purchase and realtor business and well versed in all types of conventional and government lending.
We offer excellent compensation and a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, life and disability insurance and 401(k).
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Solicit residential home loan referrals (purchase and refinance) from realtor office customers
- Meet with potential borrowers to analyze financial situation and needs for purchase or refinance, gather necessary documentation for the loan process, etc.
- Provide necessary documentation to processing and underwriting departments to ensure timely loan closings
- Other duties as assigned
MINIMUM EDUCATION, KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE
Minimum Education :
· High School Diploma or Equivalent Required
· Some College in Business/Financial Field Preferred
Minimum Knowledge/Ability :
· Demonstrated communication and organizational skills
- Ability to analyze complex financial situations to determine best case solutions for clients
- Experience with Conventional and Government Loan Programs
- Hands on experience with DU / LP is helpful
· Ability to work independently with little or no supervision
· Ability to receive passing grade on national and state licensing examinations
· Minimum of 3 years current loan origination/”loan officer” experience in the local market with a track record of proven success
Mortgage Investors Group - 2 years ago