This role is very dynamic and diverse requiring specific analytic, mathematic, and statistical skills utilized in the execution of data and statistical modeling; analytic solutions and reporting; design, development, and creation of data content for use in data products and solutions; as well as data analysis and technology implementations using state-of-the-art principles and theories. These analytic activities are typically product or solution based designed for use by many clients or could be the focus of a single client who requires custom research and data development to solve a specific business problem. The Analyst is a thought leader who is innovative and logical and who has the ability to participate and contribute to academic literature and conferences as well as patent applications either independently or as part of corporate activities and research efforts.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Brings prior experience to organize and define work for complex or ambiguous situations
• Provides consultation, training, and knowledge sharing to associates
• Actively contributes to domain body of knowledge
Directs longer term projects by performing the following:
• Define the scope of the project and measures of success
• Identify all the resources necessary for the project, including implementation
• Review results as they are complete; provide feedback to the Analysts to improve results
• Brainstorm on method of generating the best results
• Guide the implementation by working with the project team to remove roadblocks and stay on schedule
• Meet with leadership to suggest ways to use analytics to generate new products or improve the performance/equality of existing products
• Meet with sales and client facing Analysts to build idea base for new product development
• Coordinate with delivery teams to build processes to streamline the delivery of models of data
• Manage key deliverables (models, aggregated data, etc...) and ensure on time delivery of all deliverables
• Monitor and review product revenue with Product Managers to ensure existing analytical products are performing at peak level
• Directly responsible individual for complex data products, solutions and/or domains/technologies
• Define strategies for data products and execution that provides the best path for optimal results
• Shepherds implementation of complex data systems and architectures
• Provides thought leadership on a regular basis for multiple, complex data products
• Establishes and shepherds application/domain specific data product creation strategies
• Understands the financial and market implications of data and technology decisions
• Works across organizational boundaries to deliver a quality data product to our end clients
What you must have:
• Several years’ experience performing quantitative analysis for an internet or technology company
• Excellent SQL skills: extensive experience querying large, complex data sets
What will set you apart:
• Experience with Hadoop, MapReduce (R, SAS, Tableau)
• Experience with Cassandra and statistics packages
Acxiom is an enterprise data, analytics and software as a service company that uniquely fuses trust, experience and scale to fuel data-driven results. For over 40 years, Acxiom has been an innovator in harnessing the most important sources and uses of data to strengthen connections between people, businesses and their partners. Utilizing a channel and media neutral approach, we leverage cutting-edge, data-oriented products and services to maximize customer value. Every week, Acxiom powers more than a trillion transactions that enable better living for people and better results for our 7,000+ global clients. For more information about Acxiom, visit Acxiom.com.
Acxiom is an EEO/AA employer.
Receive all new Acxiom job postings by following us on Twitter at @acxiomjobs.
United States-California-Foster City
Jul 24, 2013, 2:25:32 PM
Acxiom - 4 months ago
Acxiom is an enterprise data, analytics and software as a service company that uniquely fuses trust, experience and scale to fuel...