Under minimal supervision, is responsible for supporting the Company's e-Commerce systems, including overall e-commerce program administration at the global level. Formulates procedures to ensure process changes are tracked and training needs for customers are met. Performs analysis, design, testing, documentation, and implementation in support of e-commerce applications. Establishes new trading partner relationships, implements business transaction exchange methodologies, develops and supports the Company web storefront, and assists with integrating e-commerce applications into SAP.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Supports e-commerce relationships with global customers and vendors to improve internal efficiencies and business effectiveness using various technologies such as EDI, EFT, XML, and AS2 ensuring continuing satisfaction with systems.
- Responsible for overall EDI program administration at the global level, including analysis, data mapping and interface development activities.
- Designs new business transaction maps, and revises existing business transaction maps exchanged with customers and suppliers via industry standards and conventions.
- Monitors, troubleshoots, and corrects e-commerce production jobs. Works with trading partners and end-users for problem resolution.
- Provides end user support for all company webstores.
- Assists in the analysis and configuration of application systems and database design to improve workflow processes and ensure optimum end user functionality.
- Researches, recommends, and implements complementary hardware and software technologies.
- Assists with system conversion, system upgrade, data migration, and regression testing.
- Trains both internal and external users on application systems.
- Formulates procedures and develops manuals and other materials necessary to ensure process changes are tracked and training needs for customers are met.
- Approves and coordinates the development of new modules for EDI customers.
- May work on special projects both within and outside of the IT department to positively impact overall business performance and success.
- Sources and negotiates vendor relationships for e-commerce.
- Actively supports Pelican's commitment to Quality and all quality objectives, with an emphasis on continual improvement.
- Actively supports and adheres to Pelican's Safety Guidelines and actively participates and contributes to the Safety Management System as assigned.
- Other duties as assigned by Business Application Manager.
Please email resume & salary history to: Join_Us@pelican.com . Please refer to position of interest when applying. No calls please. EOE, M/F/D/V.
- Bachelors Degree in Business or related field preferred and/or a minimum of two years experience in an office/sales environment with heavy customer interaction required.
- 3-5 years experience and general knowledge of EDI systems and various e-commerce capabilities with ability to analyze needs and resolve issues.
- Experience integrating e-commerce systems with SAP.
- Strong analytical skills with ability to make recommendations to system changes.
- Must be a highly motivated team player able to perform assigned tasks with minimal supervision and within time frames specified by IT Management.
- Must have excellent analysis, written, verbal, communication and presentation skills.
- Must be detail-oriented with excellent customer service, organizational and follow-up skills.
- Must be able to interact effectively and cooperatively with employees at all levels.
- Must be able to operate in a fast-paced organization and handle multiple projects simultaneously.
- Must be proficient with Word, Excel and Power Point and quick to learn new applications.
- Must be able to travel, must be flexible with work schedules, and be available to work overtime on evenings and weekends, with or without advanced notice
WHO WE ARE
ORDER REPLACEMENT PARTS
GUARANTEE OF EXCELLENCE
U.S. DEALER LOCATOR
Pelican Products Inc. - 12 months ago
Pelican Products, Inc. is the global leader in design and manufacture of both high-performance case solutions and advanced portable lighting...