PURPOSE : R esponsible for assisting the Early Childhood Education Specialist in implementing the curriculum and related program components including; classroom and home visit planning, prevention and intervention programs for at risk children and their families and ongoing assessment and case coordination.
POSITION SPECIFIC : Fluency in Spanish and experience within the Latino community preferred.
- Assist the Early Childhood Education Specialist in planning, developing and implementing curriculum and daily activities and routines for children
- Assist in setting up and cleaning classrooms and materials to implement the daily activity plan
- Assess child and family needs through family assessment tools, home visits and informal contact; address needs through intervention strategies including written, oral and hands-on assistance
- Assist with and / or administer assessments and diagnostic screening instruments at appropriate intervals; child development, child behavior and risk factor assessment tools
- Work with Early Childhood Education Specialist to develop goals for individual child plans and family service plans based on assessments
- Evaluate child and family progress through written records and interactions with parents
- Provide implementation of therapeutic principles in classroom and parent interaction
- Case Manage assigned children and families providing developmentally appropriate and therapeutic activities for children and community based referrals and support services for families as needed
- Maintain caseload of 4-8 families
- Conduct home visits with families focusing on parent –child interaction, developmentally appropriate expectations, positive guidance and limit setting, nurturance, and strength based support for families. Provide home visits from 1-4 a month for each family on caseload with an average of 4 home visits a week
- Participate in meetings with other agencies as pertaining to children in classroom and on case management case load
- Participate in staff, client and volunteer meetings and other special events as determined by staff or program
- Ability to write clearly and concisely and to communicate effectively both orally and in writing
- Competency working with people of diverse cultural backgrounds
- Transports clients in agency vehicle and travels between sites or in the community.
- Minimum two year degree from an accredited college in Early Childhood Education, Education, Health, Social Services or related field
- Bilingual (Spanish/English) fluency skills preferred, but not required.
- Knowledge of child development
- Ability to work effectively with teams including disciplines in mental health and early childhood education
- Minimum one year early childhood experience
- Minimum one year case management experience preferred
- Valid first aid and CPR certifications
- Valid Food Handlers card
- Ability to lift, carry, push and/or pull up to 30 pounds on a frequent basis, and up to 50 pounds occasionally. Must be able to safely lift and carry children ages 6 weeks to 5 years.
- Requires a valid driver's license and verification of safe driving record from DMV.
LifeWorks NW - 8 months ago