Early Childhood Programming Coordinator
Children’s and Family Ministry
The Early Childhood Programming Coordinator is a part-time position (20-25 hours per week) and will oversee programming and volunteer teams to further the spiritual development of children in the Early Childhood (EC) age level at Mariners Church. The responsibilities include providing leadership in worship, teaching, small groups, volunteer training and development, team building, volunteer appreciation and shepherding. The coordinator works closely with the EC Director in the development and implementation of the EC ministry.
I. SPECIFIC MINISTRY RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Oversee all aspects of EC large group programming on Saturday and/or Sunday services.
2. Assist other Children’s and Family Ministry staff with the worship segment of programming.
3. Rehearse large group teachers on a weekly basis. Make necessary production notes after each mid-week rehearsal. Make final production notes and changes to weekly production schedules.
4. Provide weekly production schedules of the weekend service to the EC team.
5. Provide oversight and oversee run through prior to service as well as debrief after weekend services.
6. Coordinate with Children’s & Family Graphics and Media Designer to provide media pieces such as lesson slides for weekend programming as script requires.
7. Take inventory of all props, costumes and sound effects for each lesson. Order needed props or supplies keeping within the budget.
8. Assist with maintaining an organized prop and costume room utilizing volunteers when possible.
9. Assist in programming components of VBS as needed.
B. EC Weekend Small Groups
1. Oversee the formation and maintenance of EC weekend small groups throughout the school year.
2. Coordinate with EC Coordinators in placing small group volunteers with groups.
3. Assist with overseeing small group volunteers through training and development.
C. Volunteer Recruitment and Development
1. Recruit large group teachers to teach lessons during the weekend services.
2. Coach large group teachers and provide leadership and creative and teaching direction during weekly rehearsals and weekend services.
3. Recruit and develop a volunteer programming coach to lead and shepherd the large group teachers and assist with production rehearsals and weekend programming.
4. Recruit and develop a team of volunteers to design and install any visuals/backdrops/sets for large group programming.
5. Assist with placement of other volunteers in the EC ministry as necessary.
6. Assist the planning of specific volunteer training as well as Children’s and Family Ministry training meetings.
D. General Responsibilities
1. Communicate with volunteers and staff on a regular basis regarding programming and volunteer scheduling.
2. Attend monthly Children’s and Family Ministry staff meetings, weekly EC staff meetings and other meetings on an as needed basis.
3. Serve as a member of the EC staff performing duties as needed.
4. Attend a Mariners Church worship service every week.
5. Work with staff and volunteers leading up to and during VBS.
6. Work special weekends and holidays including Christmas Eve and Easter.
7. Participate in continuing education opportunities provided by Children’s and Family Ministry, Mariners Church or other opportunities as approved by the Children’s Pastor.
8. Assist the EC team with the mid-week program, The Harbor.
9. Attend Rooted and facilitate a group as needed.
II. OTHER MINISTRY RESPONSIBILITIES
A. Problem Solving and Decision Making
1. Able to effectively speak to parents and volunteers who voice concerns about weekend services or the policies and procedures of Children’s and Family Ministry.
2. Be proficient at understanding and meeting the needs of Children’s and Family Ministry volunteers.
3. Capable of making clear, concise decisions providing ideas and solutions for training, encouragement, and shepherding of volunteers.
4. Skillful at evaluating situations and making appropriate decisions regarding parents, children, and volunteers.
5. Possess good conflict resolution skills.
6. Able to make quick production adjustments as needed when changes occur in weekend services.
B. All Church
1. Attend monthly All-Staff meetings.
2. Attend and help with all-church events throughout the year as needed.
III. REPORTING RELATIONSHIPS
1. Reporting Relationship - This position reports to the EC Director.
2. Peer Relationships - This position works closely with other coordinators in the ministry for mutual encouragement and support, training, development strategies, and planning. No delegation of job responsibilities is permitted without the direct authorization from the EC Director or Children’s Pastor.
1. Maintain a consistent devotional time with God.
2. Participate in a weekly small group.
3. Oversee 49 of 52 weekends per year unless the EC Director has granted prior permission to be excused.
V. CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
It is privilege to serve the Lord in vocational ministry. Those who serve God on the staff at Mariners Church are expected to set a Biblical standard of personal conduct and lifestyle.
2. It is required that all staff members are in agreement with the vision and values of Mariners Church and adhere to the guidelines and conditions for employment as outlined in the Employee Handbook.
1. Intimate and growing personal relationship with Jesus Christ.
2. Interpersonal/management skills – ability to supervise, encourage and coach volunteers.
3. Familiar with and able to use a personal computer (MS Office experience required, Media Shout and ProPresenter proficiency is a plus).
4. Ability to assist with the planning, organizing and implementing events for the ministry.
5. Strong leadership, organizational and time management skills.
6. Strong communication and discretionary skills.
7. A degree or training in a related field and/or proven ministry experience. Understanding of and some background in theater, arts and production is a plus.
Mariners Church - 21 months ago