East Carolina Heart Institute Intensivist Cardiac Icu
Vidant Medical Group and The East Carolina Heart Institute at Vidant Medical Center are seeking a Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant to work in its Cardiac Intensive Care Unit.
ICU experience or acute care training is preferred.
Vidant Medical Group is a multi-specialty physician group sponsored by Vidant Health. Currently Vidant Medical Group employs over 325 providers including primary care and specialists. The group offers the infrastructure needed to manage a modern medical practice including processes for billing and collection, group contracting, electronic medical records and other technologies.
Highlights include :
The East Carolina Heart Institute (www.eastcarolinaheartinstitute.com) ranks amongst the top cardiac facilities in the country. The six-story, 375,000-square-foot tower houses clinical space, diagnostic services, and cardiovascular operating rooms. It has 120 beds for patients undergoing procedures for cardiac medicine, cardiac surgery, and vascular surgery.
- Established CICU team of 8 Nurse Practitioners and Physician Assistants
- Ability to work with intensivists and cardiologist
- Privileges at Vidant Medical Center, a level 1 trauma center
- 12 hour shifts including some nights and weekends
- Inpatient experience is as a Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant required
Vidant Medical Center, one of four academic medical centers in North Carolina, is the flagship hospital for Vidant Health and serves as the teaching hospital for the Brody School of Medicine at East Carolina University. Vidant Medical Center is a fully accredited JCAHO hospital and is a 900+-bed tertiary referral center, providing acute, intermediate, rehabilitation, and outpatient health services to more than 1.5 million people in 29 counties.
- Board of Nursing approved Nurse Practitioner Program or Physician Assistant program.
- NC RN licensure & NC Nurse Practitioner or as a Physician Assistant; National Board Certification as an NP/PA required.
- More than 2 years experience in a health care setting.
- May substitute NP/PA with no previous experience as NP/PA if they have clinical experience in an acute care setting with direct patient care for a minimal of 2 years.
An ideal town for families, Greenville is located in the heart of North Carolina’s coastal plain. We’re just a short drive from the famous Outer Banks and Crystal Coast beaches, the Blue Ridge Mountains and attractions in the Triangle area (Raleigh, Durham and Chapel Hill). Greenville was recently named Sportstown USA by Sports Illustrated Magazine. Greenville’s housing is affordable, the people are friendly and the schools are great. The area economy is diversified and includes a major university and a community college, a regional medical center, and a growing manufacturing sector. We also offer museums, art galleries, and live theater, along with exceptional restaurants to satisfy any taste and many affordable and challenging golf courses.
For additional information, please contact Amanda Anderson, Physician Recruiter:
Tel: (252) 847-9029
Vidant Medical Center - 17 months ago