The Synacor Portal Group is seeking a seasoned sales executive to fill a key role in driving the expansion of our advertising sales platform in the East. Synacor builds and manages best in class portal solutions, next-generation start pages and TV Everywhere solutions for broadband ISP’s. Half of the 25 largest ISP’s across the country are Synacor clients, providing advertising partners with broad reach across a desirable demographic.
The Synacor Portal Group is responsible for selling advertising real estate across our portal sites. We are seeking an Eastern Online Advertising Sales Manager who will be responsible for generating digital advertising revenue, cultivating long-term strategic partnerships and increasing marketplace visibility for the Synacor Portal Group . Reporting to the Director of Online Advertising Sales, East in New York, NY, s/he will be expected to meet and exceed advertising revenue goals by providing strategic digital advertising solutions designed to maximize customer objectives and goals.
Duties and Responsibilities:
What you’ll need to bring to the table:
- Meet and exceed quarterly and annual sales quotas.
- Build and maintain a robust sales pipeline pushing opportunities through the sales cycle to close.
- Identify and develop online advertising opportunities for key Eastern prospects.
- Secure and execute a high volume of face to face advertising agency and client meetings on a weekly basis to create new business opportunities.
- Increase exposure for the Synacor Portal Group among key decision makers in the advertising community.
- Development of strategically important new accounts and verticals.
What we’ll bring to the table:
- Online media sales experience: Minimum 5+ years of advertising sales experience (minimum 3+ in display/online ad sales).
- A proven record or performance in meeting and exceeding sales goals, delivering significant revenue and customer growth.
- Established rolodex of mid to high level ad agency and Fortune 500 client contacts/relationships to accelerate revenue growth quickly and consistently.
- Broad and diverse online category advertising sales experience required: digital media sales to Consumer Packaged Goods, Retail, Financial, Entertainment, Auto and/or Travel related clients and their advertising agencies is a must.
- Consultative sales experience required: the ideal candidate will have experience with both advertising agency and client-direct sales and will be highly successful at the consultative sales process.
- Deep experience presenting to and interacting with senior management of prospect organizations, and the ability to convey our core value proposition efficiently and effectively.
- Structure and organization skills needed to drive deals to closure in a fast paced new business environment.
- Candidates must feel comfortable prospecting, cold-calling, and negotiating in person and via phone on both transactional and high value/strategic deals.
- Candidates must have the ability to identify, develop, and manage a valuable prospect list based on our core value proposition and standard product offerings.
- Creative and strategic thinking skills a must; the position is charged with building long-term partnerships with major brand marketers that will help them achieve their strategic goals.
- Strategic sales planning and strategic account management skills are essential to achieving success in this role.
- Must be motivated with the ability to work independently and under pressure to meet deadlines and manage multiple tasks simultaneously. Candidate should be an outgoing and energetic self-starter with a passion for working with clients and identifying opportunities.
- Excellent computer skills required including proficiency with MS Office, Salesforce, comScore and other research tools
- BA/BS or equivalent required.
- The position is located in New York, NY
- Competitive compensation including base salary, sales commission (uncapped commission opportunity) and equity
- Health, dental and vision coverage for all employees and eligible dependents
- Award winning company culture
- Generous paid time off
- The opportunity to be a part of an exciting company and help build a unique and compelling advertising platform
Synacor - 22 months ago
Synacor is not your typical 9 to 5 workplace. Our award winning culture doesn’t stop at flexible work hours and 25 cent vending...