Imagine... working for a company that knows that its people are the key to its success in the marketplace. A company in which achieving extraordinary results and having a stimulating work experience are part of the same process.
At Campbell, we cultivate and embrace a diverse employee population. We recognize that people with diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives fuel our growth and enrich our global culture.
We are looking for an individual who enjoys working in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment, likes to be challenged, and values the opportunity to make a difference.
The Ecce Panis Region Broker Manager is accountable for achieving optimal level of sales and profitability for a Sales region, including Retail & Food Service customers. The Regional Broker Manager will be responsible for calling on some customers directly, as well as, managing a variety of third party Broker Sales Organizations. The incumbent is responsible for setting specific direction & developing & implementing customer specific strategies, to deliver targeted results for a short, mid, and long-term horizon.
- Deliver annual operating plan commitment (cases, dollars, EBIT).
- Review spending & volume plan with each Broker region to maximize volume & trade, & minimize deductions at customer level, while staying within allocated budget.
- Lead the joint business planning process with the Brokers, determining each customers optimal ISB strategy, including Private Label versus Branded, Pricing, Packaging, Merchandising Programs, & possible uniquely developed items.
- Develop strong cross functional relationships with Marketing, Finance, Sales Planning, CCID, Integrated Marketing, Product Development, etc…& leverage the appropriate resources to create optimal plans.
- Collaborate & lead planning discussions with cross functional partners to create appropriate customer specific strategies & executional tactics.
- Coordinate with all Campbell's/Pepperidge Farm/NAFS Team Leaders & VP's to leverage our combined Customer Value Proposition, in order to maintain & more importantly gain, new business for Ecce Panis.
- Ensure well developed customer business plan be in alignment with brand guidelines and implementing all Distribution, Shelving, Merchandising, and Pricing (DSMP) objectives, including new items.
- Penetrate Broker partners & customers at mid to high levels within their organizations & establish performance objectives supported w/ a performance scorecard.
- Give praise & provide appropriate amount of coaching & constructive feedback to Broker partners.
- Regularly review progress against plans & adjust where needed to achieve annual goals.
- Train broker organization on our Distribution, Shelving, Merchandising, and Pricing (DSMP) standards and how to leverage our Customer Value Proposition when selling.
- Train broker personnel on how to use Campbell systems - iSales, etc...
- Provide direction to Acosta on how to implement customer specific plans at store level (where appropriate).
- Leverage our Customer Value Proposition & translate insights into tangible plans that influence prospective customers & gain new business for Ecce Panis.
Able to assess any customer's competitive position, behaviors and strategies and understand how they align with Campbell's strategic goals to help determine a customer investment strategy (use of trade, customer marketing, and integrated marketing equities) that will best support a customer's revenue, profit and share growth.
- Develop productive working relationship with key decision makers within the customer's organizational structure (Director/VP & above).
- Responsible for managing a high level of customers or touch points.
- Responsible for both Traditional Retail & Food Service customers.
- Requires awareness of changing trends & ability to think outside the box to create solutions that may be unique to a particular customer
- Requires high level of cross-functional interaction with World Headquarter personnel & other Campbell's/Pepperidge Farm/NAFS Team Leader's & VP's
- Must be able to lead & pull resources together, sometimes on short notice.
- Needs more of an entrepreneurial mindset & requires strong understanding of and experience with P&L management.
- Must understand how to aid the customer in managing their net maintained margin through drivers of less shrink, in-store execution, placement, pricing, promotion, etc…
- Ability to forecast a business.
- Responsible for managing customers across diverse markets.
- Requires extensive product knowledge & extensive knowledge of the competition
- Must understand the customer bid process & management of long-term contracts
- Needs knowledge of different distribution channels, i.e., Warehouse, Direct, DSD.
- Responsible for working with customers & internal cross functional partners on new item development/differentiation, i.e., flavors of products, forms & types of products, packaging, & pricing
- Minimum Education Required: Bachelor's Degree
- Years of Relevant Experience: 10 years of related sales or CPG industry experience
- Knowledge, skills and abilities required:
- Problem solving skills
- Category & Brand Knowledge desired
- Financial skills & understanding of P&L management
- Exceptional level of listening, communication & leadership skills
- Broker Management experience preferred
- Interpersonal skills
- Consultative selling skills
- Food Service knowledge preferred
This position works in a customer team office or in home-based office. Approximately 65% or more travel required.
In 1937, Margaret Rudkin, an entrepreneurial homemaker, began baking fresh bread for her allergy-afflicted son. She soon started a small...