High School graduate or equivalent required
Performs echocardiograms. Responsible for daily operations of the department including patient care, team communication, and documentation. Ensures that all necessary supplies/equipment are available and remains adequately trained in current technology. Maintains equipment in proper working order. Follows departmental polices and procedures. Participates in the operations of the department, to include interviewing, orientation, education, competency, scheduling, and performance improvement.
1. Performs and/or assists in performing procedures by following physician orders and as set by ICAEL guidelines.
2. Flexible to staffing needs to ensure optimal skill mix and adequate staffing at CRMC and CCA.
3. Provides appropriate information to physician, patient and family during exams.
4. Participates in all quality assurance/ performance improvement in accordance with ICAEL requirements.
5. Participates in call as required.
6. Provides customer interventions to include patient teaching and responding to complaints and/or emergencies.
DEPARTMENT SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES
EP LAB: Performs and / Trains with Biosense Webster on the CARTO Mapping system and the Intra-Cardiac Echo imaging system (ICE). Demonstrates knowledge and competence on GE Healthcare/Prucka equipment. Assists in the Non-invasive lab as needed with patient transport, preparing patient for tests etc. Assists EP Coordinator with data collection, Stats, ICD Registry information collection, patient chart prep, patient education / teaching and other duties as assigned. Performs sheath removal per hospital policy and competency.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, AND ABILITIES
· Ability to communicate effectively with co-workers and customers.
· Good motivational and organizational skills.
· Basic computer skills.
· Ability to analyze and synthesize data.
· Ability to calculate, manipulate, and interpret numbers. Problem solving, critical thinking, and reasoning skills necessary.
· Current RDCS license or eligible and successful completion of RDCS examination within one year of hire
· One year recent and relevant experience or education in cardiovascular field
Cheyenne Regional Medical Center is a 222-bed hospital, located in Cheyenne, Wyoming. We provide exceptional patient care and are passionate...