Minimum 1 year experience preferred
Under the general supervision of the Department Director, the incumbent is responsible for the daily operations of the Diagnostic Clinic. Incumbent performs diagnostic tests utilizing high frequency sound waves to differentiate soft tissue densities. Provides additional support as needed within the scope of care for Registered Diagnostic Cardiac Sonographers
In maintaining ICAEL credentialing standards, and in supporting day to day testing as noted under essential functions and primary responsibilities for RDCS credentialed staff.
Behaves in a professional, customer-focused, service-oriented manner; displaying and promoting respect, care and dignity for all internal and external customers; facilitates a team-oriented attitude, striving continuously for service excellence.
- BLS is required within 3 months of hire
- Registered Diagnostic Cardiac Sonographer (RDCS) or Registered Cardiac Sonographer (RCS)
- Associate’s degree with strong emphasis on health sciences (anatomy and physiology, medical terminology, completion of a course in echocardiology
- Between 1 and 3 years related experience
- Ability to work independently, effective time management and problem solving skills, able to manage multiple priorities
- Computer skills including prior use of electronic medical record
- Detail-oriented, with strong organizational skills and ability to multitask.
- Must have confident and effective oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to react calmly, objectively and effectively in emergency situations.
- Proficiency in a suite of Microsoft Word applications
MaineGeneral Health - 13 months ago